Vice President Patient Access, Government Affairs and Pricing, Canada
VP Market Access, Government Affairs and Pricing, Canada
What is the opportunity?
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
As the VP Market Access, Government Affairs and Pricing you will be responsible for establishing and leading Canada’s patient access strategy and executing with innovation and excellence. Building and optimising relationships and interactions with external and internal stakeholders, including payers, public health organisations, HTA organizations and patient stakeholder groups. You will be translate strategy and plans into new and expanded value creation and access opportunities for Canada’s products and portfolio.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Functional leadership and development, including direct and indirect people management
- Ensures development and execution of industry leading market access, pricing and negotiation strategies. Creates a climate of innovation, ensuring the development and implementation of innovative solutions that expand access and create value.
- Provides competitor insights and horizon scanning. Anticipates future needs of the AZ portfolio and external environment and coaches team and organisation to build proactive market access and government affairs plans.
- Builds and optimises relationships with external stakeholders including payers, regulators, public health organisations, HTA organizations and patient stakeholder groups. Shapes the external environment to strengthen the positioning of AstraZeneca’s products and portfolio.
- Develops and implements impactful stakeholder management plans and strategies. Represents the organisation externally in key interactions to build AZ’s reputation.
- Works in close collaboration across all Canadian functions, to implement integrated TA and brand plans that drive market access and pricing opportunities.
- Advises and briefs CP Canada in key decision-making processes and external engagements.
- Works collaboratively and in partnership with Global and Regional teams to influence AZ Market Access and Pricing strategy. Supports alignment of local, regional and global plans to optimise business performance and market access opportunities.
- Drives high levels of individual and team performance engagement, including incorporation of key metrics and ongoing performance coaching. Develops capabilities in the team and builds a robust succession pipeline into Market Access & Pricing leadership roles for Canada and broadly across AZ.
- Develops and implements plans that increase market access and payer excellence capabilities across the organisation.
- Shapes external environment through policy shaping strategies and external engagement.
Experience & Expertise required:
- University degree required. MBA an asset.
- Experience in leadership roles providing deep knowledge of payer evidence generation (e.g. Health Economics, RWE, Market Access) and pricing and market access strategies - gained in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry and in an HTA setting
- Experience of using innovative market access and pricing strategies in launching and commercializing specialty care products
- Excellent understanding of the relationships in the health care market and environment
- Robust external network with relevant stakeholders
- Mastery of additional commercial area or multi-disciplinary experience (eg Marketing, Sales, Medical) an asset.
- Strong organisational acumen and ability to influence at all organisational levels, gained within a multi-national company setting
- In-depth clinical understanding relevant to the AZ portfolio and strategic therapy areas
- Excellent leadership capabilities with experience leading large, cross-country teams
- Exposure beyond the Market Access and Pricing field, in Commercial or Medical leadership roles an asset
- Experience of using innovative market access and pricing strategies in launching and commercializing biologics products
Great People want to Workwith us, find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 5 years:https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Total Rewards for employees: https://www.astrazeneca.ca/en/working-at-az-canada/Total-Rewards.html
Next steps – Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.