Vice President, Patient Access and Established Brands
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are daring, take risks and learn from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an extraordinary place to work; where you will thrive in an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Are you a creative thinker who is motivated to seek new ways to meet strategic direction? Are you passionate about bringing access to medicines for patients?
As the Vice President, Patient Access and Established Brands, you establish and lead Canada’s patient access strategy, executing with your creativity and your passion for excellence. Through building and optimizing relationships and interactions with external and internal partners, you will translate our strategic direction into new and expanded value creation and access opportunities for Canada’s products and portfolio.
In this role, your expertise will:
- Provide functional leadership and development, including your team members and indirect people management
- Develop and execute industry leading market access, pricing and negotiation strategies by crafting a climate of innovation to build strategic solutions to expand access and value
- Seek competitor insights and horizon scanning to anticipate future needs of our portfolio and external environment and coach your team and the business to build forward-thinking market access and government affairs plans
- Build and optimize relationships with external partners including payers, regulators, public health organizations, HTA organizations and patient groups. You shape the external environment to strengthen the positioning of AstraZeneca’s product portfolio
- Develop and implement impactful partner management plans and strategies; you represent the organization externally in key interactions to build AstraZeneca’s reputation
- Collaborate across all Canadian functions, to implement integrated brand plans to improve market access and pricing opportunities
- Advise and brief CP Canada in key decision-making processes and external engagements
- Work with Global and Regional teams to influence strategy including alignment of local, regional and global plans to optimise business performance and opportunities
- Drive high levels of individual and team performance engagement, incorporate new ways to achieve goals and provide ongoing performance coaching. You build capabilities in the team and a succession pipeline into Market Access & Pricing leadership roles
- Craft and implement plans that improve market access and payer excellence capabilities across the organization
- Shape external environment through new policy shaping strategies and external engagement
Your experience & expertise include:
- University degree required, your MBA is an asset
- Previous leadership roles providing deep knowledge of payer evidence generation (e.g. Health Economics, RWE, Market Access) and pricing and market access strategies - gained in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry and in an HTA setting
- Experience with innovative strategies to launch and commercialize specialty care and/or biologic products
- Excellent understanding of the relationships in the health care market and environment and you have robust affiliations within this network
- Your mastery of additional commercial area or multi-disciplinary experience (eg Marketing, Sales, Medical) a strong asset
- Strong organisational acumen and ability to influence at all organisational levels, gained within a multinational company setting
- In-depth clinical understanding of various therapeutic areas
- Excellent leadership capabilities with experience leading large, cross-country teams
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Great People want to Work with us, you can find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 5 years: https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.