Study Physician - Oncology
R&D Oncology has a broad pipeline, offering you many career development options. As a Study Physician/Indication Lead, you will manage global or regional studies within the Oncology franchise and will design studies, conduct data interpretation and report on individual clinical trials, ensuring that all clinical studies operate to the highest ethical and safety standards and in compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and regulatory requirements.
Are you passionate about Oncology? Do you have a strong clinical and specialty background? Are you a connected in the industry, medical and/or academic community. Do you seek new ways to improve how clinical studies are performed? In this role, you will provide expert scientific and clinical input to teams in the Oncology therapeutic area under the direction of the Global Clinical Lead and you will oversee the development of the functional strategy or act as a renowned expert in this field.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
- You provides expert knowledge influencing the study design to reflect clinical practice, the evolving landscape, regulatory and reimbursement requirements and the strategic program objectives
- You define strategies or lead AstraZeneca’s response to complex technical issues for specific medical aspects in relation to current projects, new projects and various plans
- You serve as a trial level physician and medical monitor for clinical studies
- You protect the integrity and conduct of clinical studies
- You provide consultation to clinical operation colleagues on protocol design questions and answering protocol related questions from site investigators
- You are responsible for collecting and reporting Adverse Events in accordance with AstraZeneca policies and procedures.
Your qualifications and skills include:
- Graduate of a recognized school of medicine with an M.D. degree or equivalent
- Specialty training and/or clinical experience and strong academic track record in oncology, Immuno-Oncology, Tumor Immunology, or Immunotherapy
- Experience in designing, monitoring and implementing late phase clinical trials and interpreting trial results, including an understanding of biostatistics and safety reporting
- Ability to conduct a large study within a global team
- Easily functions within a matrix environment; to contribute to decision-making and seek alignment in order to meet challenging timelines
- Able to work positively with your team and to respect other working cultures, including academic partners
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal decision makers as well as external influencers and collaborators; good presentation skills.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry R&D, particularly of major clinical check points and of the factors which influence those decision points
- Ability to work across projects and you positively shape interactions between teams
- Seek opportunities to influence and shape the image of the organization
- Understanding of the interplay between clinical development, lifecycle management, commercial objectives and regulatory deliverables
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Oncology is preferred.
- Direct industry drug development experience preferably.
- Experience with haematological or paediatric malignancies.
Great people want to work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years:https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture:https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.