Marketing Manager - Hematology
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make an important difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a vibrant, dynamic culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Position Title: Marketing Manager - Hematology
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, Head Office
Career Level: D
Are you passionate about launching new products to improve patient lives? Do you love using your deep understanding of marketing to deliver creative and forward-thinking strategies to the business?
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, you work with the Hematology marketing and sales teams and cross-functional partners to support our strategic direction. You ensure the effective implementation of brand tactics and strategies and will assist with building comprehensive product plans to positively impact the value of AstraZeneca’s Hematology portfolio.
Your responsibilities include:
- Build, lead and execute customer marketing activities to promote AZ Hematology products with key customers
- Coordinate the strategic and tactical planning processes for key brands in the Hematology portfolio to drive success over the short and longer-term
- Positively influence brand performance and profitability while controlling promotional expenses
- Partner with key customers (or KEEs/KOLs if that’s what we use externally) to build relationships, elevate our leadership position in hematology and ultimately improve care for patients
- Collaborate with key internal cross-functional partners on critical initiatives to build a differentiated and successful hematology franchise
Your qualifications include:
- University degree or equivalent in science and/or business
- You have a minimum of 5 years in the pharmaceutical industry and you have demonstrated your impact in multiple roles such as sales, marketing, professional education, sales training, analytics and insights
- Previous Hematology experience is preferred
- Your KOL relationship management experience is an asset
- You act with urgency, constantly prioritizing work to meet business needs
- You are a critical thinker and focus your work on the highest priorities aligned to the overall strategic direction
- You positively impact and influence others and quickly establish credibility while building strong business relationships
- You have strong communication skills: writing and presentation and you are people focused in discussions
- You are committed to a developing a cohesive team environment
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.