Senior Product Specialist Neurology– Rare Disease
Sr. Product Specialist Neurology - Rare Disease
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
AstraZeneca is accelerating the expansion of our geographical footprint in rare diseases following the acquisition of Alexion in 2021. Rare diseases is a high-growth therapy area with rapid innovation and significant unmet medical need. Over 7,000 rare diseases are known today – yet less than 1% of them have an approved treatment.
As we begin to build our position as a Rare Disease leader, we seek a Rare Diseases Sr Product Specialist to join our Commercial Team in KSA (Jeddah or Riyadh). The Sr Product Specialist is a full-time position, responsible for generating clinical demand for our brands in key accounts, pro-actively identifying business opportunities, recommending solutions to drive and develop business, and development of opinion leader commercial relationships. The Sr Product Specialist serves the region as an expert in their therapeutic area, product and territory knowledge.
The role will work very closely with the Franchise Head / Sales Manager to deploy and adapt the AZ account management strategy to the local market, including tactics and execution.
The Sr. Product Specialist reports directly to the Sales Manager.
The Senior Product Specialist will be responsible for generating clinical demand for Rare Disease medicines with healthcare professionals (HCP), pro-actively identifying new patient / patients on therapy targets, presenting value propositions, and recommending patient-centric solutions. In doing so, this role will develop strategic and mutually beneficial relationships with the healthcare professionals (HCP), Key External Experts (KEE) and other stakeholders, based on a deep scientific understanding of the rare disease and therapeutic solutions, to identify the best opportunities for the assigned part of AZ's portfolio to deliver life-changing medicines to patients
What you’ll do
- Engages HCPs in dialogue to effectively promote the knowledge about rare disease medicines value proposition, benefits of approved indications, product efficacy/safety profiles and treatment protocols to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients, using science-driven balanced messages and the appropriate mix of tools and channels – both face-to-face and digital. Pro-actively identifies new patient/patients on therapy targets
- Consistently achieve or exceed sales objectives in the assigned region including accurate and timely tracking and reporting of sales activities
- Demonstrates strong in-depth clinical, technical, and scientific knowledge in relevant disease states and product mechanisms of action
- To improve the identification and diagnosis of patients and manage the market development objectives, strategies, tactics, and action plans within the stated territory.
- Ensure achievement of the following three key imperatives and performance measures:
- Increase disease awareness with key target groups
- To work with healthcare professionals to identify and test high risk patients for the relevant diseases
- Establish a key opinion leader (KOL) network
- Identify and develop KOLs within the territory
- Liaise with cross-functional medical, marketing, market access and diagnostic teams to develop long-term relationships and advocacy with KOLs, HCP accounts and other appropriate external stakeholders
- Organizes workshops and other educational events to facilitate knowledge sharing among relevant HCPs.
- Works with Sales Manager and/or Franchise Manager to develop and implement a strategy and actions to meet promotional objectives
- Manages allocated budge
- Share’s insights and information to strengthen brand positioning, promotional efforts, access to treatment etc.
- Ensures rare disease products are optimally utilized in line with national/local guidelines and the product license
- Demonstrate business ethics and ensure active respect of values, business ethics, local laws, policies, and Marketing procedures. Ensure all activities and responsibilities are carried out in compliance with the high standards of ethics and integrity required by the Code of Conduct, supporting Policies and Standards and Company Values to protect and enhance long term performance and reputation
- Other duties within the position’s scope, as assigned by Line Manager
Essential for the role
- University degree, with a preference to Medical Sciences, Pharmacy.
- Experience in neurology field preferably in rare disease.
- Experience in the neurology field, different Paediatric subspecialties, and metabolic/geneticists are highly regarded.
- Preferably 5 years’ experience of the hospital business: preferably in niche markets/orphan drugs.
- Proven track record for delivering consistent, ‘top-tier’ sales results.
- Sales experience in rare diseases preferred.
- Experience in project management.
- Passion for science and commitment to make a positive personal impact. Curiousness and learning agility.
- Strong influencing skills to engage key stakeholders in complex clinical environments, e.g., mid, and senior-level specialty care professionals, key accounts in the medical community.
- Proactive and solution oriented. Strong analytical skills.
- Collaborative and inclusive.
- High ethical standards.
- Experience working with an overall rare disease portfolio.
Only Candidates who are based in Riyadh will be considered.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.