Talent Scout (Executive Recruitment), Corporate Functions
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As a Talent Scout you will be supporting Executive hiring across various teams within our corporate functions such as HR, Finance, Corporate Affairs, Project Management and Legal across the US. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring we are hiring the best talent to channel our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for creating business critical, senior level and functionally-aligned external talent pools, based on business need and linked to overall business strategy. This requires the ability to operate at senior levels in the organisation to engage, inspire, persuade and influence.
Typical accountabilities will include:
- Establish the external Talent sourcing strategy for a business area with a medium to long term view (1-3 years).
- Establish a rich external talent pool, directly linked to key roles/critical skills ensuring a successful conversion of talent pool candidates into hires.
- Build a validated managed pipeline of external candidates and actively promote & share with the talent acquisition teams in order to reduce costs and time to hire.
- Work closely with key stakeholders and internal partners i.e. Global Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, HRBPs to understand the key roles, critical skills and the current population in order to assess risk areas where the talent pipeline would need expanding.
- Work with the business to establish future (1-3 year horizon) talent requirements in specific business areas
- Create internal and external networks to establish business critical talent pipelines for ongoing engagement
- Ensure engaged talent is shared and visible across all relevant business units and geographies.
- Build knowledge of talent presence (i.e. talent heat maps) to determine best approach to engage talent.
- Attend relevant external meetings/conferences to assess talent and build networks
- For your aligned area act as enterprise wide subject matter expert on external talent trends and direct sourcing.
- Deliver senior (hierarchically, geographically and skillset) searches through direct sourcing methods.
- 5+ years experience of working as a Headhunter, Executive Search Consultant/Researcher or Talent Scout either within an agency/search firm/consultancy or in-house within a corporate environment
- Deep US market knowledge in either Finance, HR or both, specifically within large (Fortune 500) organisations
- Advanced communication, presentation and project management skills
- Highly competent IT skills, including all Microsoft office applications and the ability to produce meaningful management information.
- Advanced Stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Strong persuading, influencing, negotiating and consultation skills
- Ability to build and maintain a vast network of professional relationships
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Comprehensive knowledge of government regulations regarding employment topics
- Business degree
- Recruiting certifications (AIRS) other HR certifications (PHR, etc)
- Experience recruiting globally
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.