Supply Chain Planner (Biologics External Supply) - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
As the BES Supply Chain Coordinator, you will be executing in a global high-paced environment. This role has the operational responsibility for supply from one or more suppliers and the customers associated with the suppliers, and has the authority to make operational decisions with suppliers/customers that ensure the timely supply of product whilst maximizing efficiencies for the business.
You will be working and communicating on a daily basis around orders, delivery plans, forecasts, stock levels etc. in order to make the right decisions and prioritizations with the customer and supplier in focus. As the contacts range from customers to suppliers, in a variety of countries and cultures, with different level of language skills, and also may include more senior stakeholder, communication is of great importance and a key to success. The nature of the role with a high number of internal and external contacts requires the ability to be flexible and constantly prioritize and make assessments on where time best is spent in order to operate effectively in the role.
- Operationally Coordinate supply of products in alignment with our customer’s demand and agreed stock levels, following the process for the agreed supply method (VMI/CMI), ensuring stock levels are in line with RBU
- Process customer orders, raising purchase orders to suppliers in line with contractual requirements and receipting stock on delivery from suppliers using SAP ECC and APO to deliver
- Act as the primary point of contact with suppliers/customers regarding demand, supplier’s ability to meet demand and day-to-day delivery plan.
- Represent the customer/supplier/product in the relevant supplier relationship forum to ensure issue escalation and resolution without impact to supply.
- Build and develop effective relationships with colleagues in the Planning team, other members in the supplier relationship forums and in projects where the role holder is a participant.
- Build and develop effective relationships with the suppliers and customers in a given portfolio.
- Work with the customers to create a clean demand picture in order to achieve robust supply plans and clean orders for execution.
- Responsible for the accurate maintenance of systems master data (SAP / APO etc) within a given portfolio.
- Hold an AstraZeneca APO Driver’s License and maintain up to date SAP /APO training curricula.
- Responsible for accurately measuring and reporting key performance indicators.
- Lead and participate in Practical Problem Solving and Continuous Improvements teams.
- Have sufficient skills and knowledge of the artwork change management processes to deliver changes to product’s packaging materials in cooperation with Packaging Coordinators and in line with market implementation dates.
- Ensure to deliver consistency with the BES supply management framework i.e. one way of working across the organization regardless of geographic location or portfolio.
- AZ Financial Control Framework (FCF) – i.e. ensure that all relevant controls are executed in a timely fashion.
- SOx compliance - i.e. ensures all stock audits, stock reconciliations and account management controls are completed accurately.
- Ensure transactional activities are carried out in line with DoA and with Segregation of Duty principles.
- Actively contribute in BES projects and workstreams.
Supply chain analytics as required in support of overall BES accountabilities
- Use supply chain expertise to recommend improvement initiatives to ongoing supply chain management including projects.
- Lead implementation of approved initiatives
- Work with Finance, Asset Planner and External Supply Lead on Value Stream Mapping (VSM) data collection, analysis and identification of opportunity to reduce Lead Time and / or Variability
BES Business Process Management:
- Support for the overall Business Process Management activities across BES
- Lead Plan / Make / Source / Deliver sub-processes, including but not limited to: Flavor Management, Master Data Management, Planning / Deliver Execution, D&S Meeting’s, P2P
Functional Area Description:
The Biologics External Supply (BES) team is accountable for developing and maintaining the 0 – 36 month supply plan for Biologics CMO’s as part of the global end to end supply chain. This requires close collaboration with global planning and CMO’s to ensure CMO capabilities are accurately understood, supply plans are well developed, able to be executed with future targets are meaningful and achievable. BES is accountable for relationship management with the associated supply/customer production sites, all activities around import/export of materials, and all materials/production data management. BES is also accountable for implementation and control of all new/changed packing materials graphics and associated documentation.
Impact of Role on the Business:
The Supply Chain Coordinator supports all elements of the BES planning process and the Global planning processes. The SCC will attain and maintain compliance with APO Drivers License requirements.
The Supply Chain Coordinator (SCC) is an active member of BES Supply & Distribution processes, with daily interactions with customers and other roles within BES such as Supply Chain Leads (SCL), QA, Asset Planners, Customer Relationship Managers, Packaging Coordinators and Supplier Relationship Managers.
The SCC acts as the key contact for day-to-day supply to a wide range of customers and a part of the role is to build, maintain and develop customer relations. Included in the role is participation in the Demand and Supply process and to provide support to and follow the Regional Business Planning processes.
- Bachelors Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Supply planning (scheduling, production and inventory) skills and experience
- +3 years with SAP APO and ECC or other MRP system transaction experience
- Proficient with Excel & Microsoft applications
- Customer-focused mindset, with strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Adept at working cross-functionally in a collaborative manner,
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical production supply chain principles, GMP, FDA
- Knowledge of AZ global supply chain operations organization and strategy
- Experience working in a LEAN manufacturing environment
- Background in pharmaceutical supply and manufacturing processes, understanding of the supply chain and fulfilment competency
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.