Statistician - Early Clinical - RIA/CVRM
Statistician for early clinical trials in BioPharmaceuticals R&D
Location – Cambridge/ Gaithersburg/ Gothenburg
Would you like to be a part of a Biostatistical group, who has direct strategic impact on drug development, playing a key role in getting medicines to patients?
At AstraZeneca we’re driving leading-edge approaches to drug development across many business areas – within Early Biometrics & Statistical Innovation (EB&SI) a data-centric focus is helping us work more efficiently and creatively to bring the right medicines to the right patients. Our biometrics teams use their expertise in statistics and programming to answer drug development objectives and reduce uncertainty in product development, driving better business decisions with quantitative reasoning.
The Statistician/Senior Statistician/Principal Statistician sits within our Early Biometrics groups in EB&SI, aligned either to Cardiovascular/Renal/Metabolism (CVRM) or Respiratory, Inflammation, and Autoimmunity (RIA) and is responsible for providing statistical expertise to support the design and interpretation of early clinical studies, regulatory submissions and the development programmes for our compounds, including collaboration with Late Biometrics groups in CVRM and RIA.
Working as part of Data Science and AI, you’ll be able to access technology at the forefront of science in a creative environment, where you will have the scope to develop new statistical ideas and approaches, and to apply them in your work.
Main duties and responsibilities
Joining a team of statistical and programming experts working in early clinical development, you will provide key input as you work to bring robust quantitative thinking to the drug development cycle.
Based on experience level, the Statistician/ Senior Statistician/ Principal Statistician will work on a study or project level to provide statistical expertise to the design, analysis, and interpretation of early phase clinical studies, and to position the early development program to provide clear and actionable evidence for program level decision-making including late development study design. You may provide support to regulatory submissions including specification of overview documents and response to regulatory questions.
In addition to the above, you will
- Contribute to the development, sharing and statistical support of new procedures, standards, tools, or techniques to surpass quality, efficiency, and effectiveness within EB&SI.
- Build opportunities for the application of modelling and simulation to improve study design, methodology and solutions for clinical development, and statistical methodology to improve and provide practical solutions for research/ production activities
- MSc or PhD degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related quantitative fields, or equivalent course work/ technical experience
- Understanding of regulations/developments in the area of Clinical Development and Biostatistics
- Appropriate experience as a statistician for the relevant position level with clinical trials, pharmaceutical development, regulated research, and/or related areas of statistical applications
- A collaborative mindset
- A general dedication to and ability to apply expertise to problem solving
- Experience with relevant statistical software
- Ability to apply statistical techniques in the analysis of data from clinical studies or other significant areas.
Next Steps – Apply today
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.