Sr Scientist, In Vivo Oncology
In Vivo Sr Scientist - Oncology R&D
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. We turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
AstraZeneca seeks an innovative and highly motivated Sr Scientist with a background in immunology or related field to join the Early Discovery Oncology Bioscience team in Gaithersburg, MD.
Working in this laboratory-based position within Oncology Research you will develop, design, conduct and analyze primarily in vivo experiments to assess the function of our candidate oncology drugs and dissect the mechanism of action of novel cancer therapeutics. You will be expected to support cross-functional teams and work collaboratively with project managers to ensure the timely generation and dissemination of critical program data. You will be working in a matrix environment with other functional units within AstraZeneca and with external collaborators. As a highly organized, self-motivated individual with a strong background in laboratory science you will stay up to date with relevant technical and intellectual scientific expertise in tumor biology, pharmacology and cancer modelling and have a genuine passion for this field of research. You will interrogate the biology of new immunomodulatory targets or target pathways using cutting-edge technologies and novel approaches to enrich our immunotherapy pipeline.
- • PhD or PharmD in Biology, Immunology or other related scientific discipline with 3-6 yrs. relevant scientific experience
- Skilled in delivering all aspects of in vivo pharmacology studies in mouse tumor models
- Experienced across multiple platforms to develop and analyze PD biomarker endpoints in tumors and tissues
- Familiarity using in vitro assays with both primary and immortalized cells, and use of analytical methods such as ELISA, immuno-fluorescence microscopy, immunoblotting and others as needed
- Design and implementation of multi-parameter flow cytometry, ability to analyze and determine next steps based on results of experimental outcomes
- Able to work independently, assesses and reports data in a clear and concise manner, with a clear understanding of the overall context of drug discovery
- Maintain a well-developed understanding of approaches to drug discovery
- Ability to apply a broader functional knowledge of the procedures used by project groups to support the department where needed
- Consistent track record of working across boundaries to deliver common goals
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- A keen sense of organization and the ability to multi-task
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred but not required
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.