Senior Packaging Engineer - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining the exceptional skills of people from all over the globe.
As a Senior Packaging Engineer in Gaithersburg, MD, you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing the lives of patients. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership both tactically and strategically, making independent decisions while considering impact on business unit operations and project schedules, in alignment with GTO Packaging Technology’s vision for the delivery of best in class biopharmaceutical packing/labeling. You will have autonomy to act within all pillars of Packaging Technology including technology transfer, lifecycle management, launch activities, and qualification strategy. This role is required to be the primary interface for R&D, formulation sciences, supply chain, internal and external packaging organizations.
- Lead Label and Pack transfer to commercial production.
- Lead projects to design, develop and implement secondary packaging systems for a variety of biopharmaceutical product types including vial and combination products
- Lead troubleshooting efforts and ensure timely resolution of complex issues with respect to technical packaging performance, cost improvement, and compliance requirements, without disrupting commercial supply or new market launches.
- Author, recommend and implement changes to new business processes to simplify and streamline day to day packaging engineering activities and departmental initiatives.
- Develop technical solutions to complex packaging engineering problems, which require the use of ingenuity and creativity to solve.
- Develop filing strategies and evolve the capabilities of Packaging Technology in alignment with AstraZeneca’s regulatory strategy, increasing health authority expectations, and changing external drug product competitive landscape.
- Assure alignment on end to end supply chain strategies from late stage clinical to launch by following a systematic approach to site selection, technology enablement, and package design selection.
- Crosstrain as SME on all functions of packaging technology and serve as a back-up for technology transfer, launch management and lifecycle management.
- Mentor and train junior engineers on packaging technology functions.
- Represents GTO Packaging Technology as the primary technical contact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between AstraZeneca and external organizations.
- Minimum 5 years Bio/pharma packaging engineer experience
- Demonstrated project management and influence skills
- Bachelors degree in package engineering or related field
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.