Senior Marketing Manager, Immuno-Oncology
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we can really change the course of medicine and bring new and innovative ideas to life. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
The Senior Marketing Manager, IO will be responsible for the strategic planning and tactical execution for our Consumer and Nurse Marketing plans in the Immuno-Oncology franchise. Key areas of focus for this role include the following: understanding key market insights, developing a comprehensive strategy and tactics with clear performance metrics.
This position will report directly to the Brand Strategy Director, Immuno-Oncology Pan Tumor, and will work in close partnership with local marketing colleagues across the entire Immuno-Oncology franchise. They will focus primarily on SCLC consumer marketing and nurse marketing across the entire Immuno-Oncology portfolio.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for our US Oncology business, as well as the US Commercial Center for multiple Therapeutic Areas of our global product and portfolio strategy businesses.
- Drive the development of the US Consumer and Nurse Brand Strategy and lead execution of the strategy with the Brand team, collaborating with colleagues to ensure strong cohesion and consistency across customer segments.
- Participate in the annual operational planning process by shaping the business plan and budget required to achieve the brand’s stated objectives.
- Translate the brand science and strategy into consumer-friendly terms in an effort to make a positive impact on patient’s lives.
- Establish consumer and nurse marketing KPIs including multi-channel media measurement and analytic plans.
- Lead development of CRM strategy and program development for patients.
- Lead creation and delivery of core consumer and nurse assets. This includes building strong alliances with internal stakeholders such as Business Insights and Analytics, Corporate Affairs, Payer Access Strategy, Brand Team members to help with cross-functional planning and to ensure a strong, evidence-based approach to support the delivery of consumer materials.
- Develop and implement social media strategy.
- Manage partner agency relationships, workflow and related expense budgets.
- Ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all marketing materials.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or Life Science focus
- Prior commercial experience with consumer and HCP marketing required
- 5+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: consumer marketing, HCP marketing, new product planning, brand marketing, sales, or market research/analytics, strategic planning
- Oncology or specialty care experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead team of cross-functional and technical members to achieve outcomes
- Demonstrate strong business acumen skills, as role is responsible for managing multiple program budgets, timelines, process and procedures
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.