At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Senior Administrator in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. GMD (Global Medicines Development) drives late-stage development of our innovative pipeline, transforming exciting science into valued new medicines and ensuring patients around the world can access them.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Global Medicines Development (GMD) Business Support Office (BSO) performs high level administrative support and administrative duties across GMD. As a Senior Administrator, you will flexibly carry out a variety of aligned roles on behalf of the Business Support Office. Your role will involve executive level contact globally, in a dynamic and complex business environment with sensitive and confidential information. Senior Administrators are pro-active and creative adding value by ensuring their customers can focus on delivery of drugs to the business.
- Proactively manage all aspects of administrative support for their customers holding confidences
- Resolve issues and challenges relating to administrative requests independently and pro-actively
- Deliver a broad range of professional administrative services
- Work collaboratively with global colleagues to deliver a lean, consistent and professional global administration service to GMD customers
- Advise customers and peers on the best way of conducting administrative tasks
- Administer and be an excellent user of essential IS/IT administrative systems to increase efficiency in day to day work, including meeting technology, Sharepoint Online, etc.
- Ensure good business understanding and show passion for customers
- Lead and/or participate in administrative continuous improvement activities in order to simplify the work
- Contribute to knowledge sharing within the BSO
- Provide guidance/coaching and mentoring to colleagues when required
- Lead or participate in training and development initiatives for administrators or other relevant training
Skills & Capabilities
- Ability to exercise considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to respond to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently with only general guidance
- Demonstrated can-do attitude
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Some Project management skills to effectively manage events/small projects on behalf of the customer
- Knowledge of the drug development process.
- Substantial experience
- Experience of working in a Pharmaceutical/ Drug Development environment
- Relevant professional qualification in administrative skills
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency across a broad range of administrative tools, processes and procedures
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.