Scientist- Cell Therapy
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing! We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe!
We are seeking a highly-motivated and independent Scientist with demonstrated experience in Cellular Therapy, Immunology, and/ or Immuno-Oncology to join our rapidly growing Cell Therapy Team. In this role you will make use of your experience in T cell immunology to contribute to the advancement of innovative Cell Therapy products by designing and conducting laboratory experiments, developing methodology, and generating and interpreting scientific data in a highly collaborative environment experience.
- Conducts routine immune cell therapy drug discovery research experiments independently by applying the techniques of molecular and cellular in vitro biology, communicates the results to team members and is involved in the interpretation of data
- Supports a team and works collaboratively with project managers to ensure the efficient relay of information and forward translation of data
- Maintains a well-developed understanding of approaches to drug discovery and applies a broader functional knowledge of the procedures used by diverse project groups to support the department where needed
- Provides technical instruction to the team and allocates administrative work where possible
- Communicates and shares information between distinct projects within the bioscience function and across other functions
- Ensures own work, and work of peers, is aligned to Good Laboratory Practice, Safety, Health and Environment standards and all other relevant internal AstraZeneca standards and external regulations
- BS in a relevant scientific field and over 3 years of research experience
- Transfection/ transduction and expansion of primary cells
- Hands-on expertise in T-cell functional characterization assays including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, cytokine measurement
- Multicolour flow cytometry
- In vivo skillset including animal handling, mouse tumor models, standard routes of dosing and engraftment.
- Basic experience developing cellular therapies
- Advanced cell culture techniques
- CRISPR/genome editing experience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.