Procurement Manager- Facilities Management & Laboratory Services
Title- Procurement Manager- Facilities Management & Laboratory Services
Organization – Global Indirect & Enabling Functions
A member of the Indirect and Enabling Functions procurement organization you will work as part of the Facilities and Laboratory Services category team supporting stakeholders across AZ. This team has a global remit, focusing on the development and deployment of global category strategies and plans for facilities management and support of our R&D and Operations laboratories. You will be accountable for managing supplier relationships, business partnering with sites, and growing the category influence into R&D, Operations, and Commercial areas globally. As AstraZeneca continues its ‘Growth through Innovation’ strategy there is an increasing demand to integrate and outsource our Facilities Management and Laboratory services in partnership with our stakeholders. Category demand is truly global, and you will interact with stakeholders across the enterprise, with a focus on Business Partnering. Key success criteria include building a close relationship with the engineering teams, site leads and at Senior Leadership levels to build to enable strategy development and execution of sourcing strategies. You will also need to collaborate with procurement colleagues in each of the regions to understand their demand, priorities and requirements, and to agree category priorities within their areas of accountability.
You will have accountability for a spend category or market across a region or the whole of AstraZeneca (may be single or multiple SET areas). Leading both demand and supply side activities. Developing long term strategic plans for the entire spend area within AstraZeneca or Region. Managing customer and supplier relationships to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies. Oversee implementation of category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans. You will gain cross-category experience and exposure in support of facility strategies, supporting your colleagues globally. (Cross category exposure could include Soft & Hard Services, Utilities, and SHE)
- Oversees implementation of market/ category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Develop long term strategic plans for agreed scope of spend area, with a focus on delivering broader value, innovation, and savings.
- Supports the team in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - to ensure that Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Works alongside Operations Global Procurement Services (OGPS) in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinates the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analyses and resolves issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advises on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Cross functionally support Global procurement colleagues and collaborate on strategy development and execution.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in similar environment at a management level
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry / or related industries
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement area, and competence in several others
- Communication skills and ability to influence others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
- Extensive experience in line management, technical support and project management
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.