Oncology Commercial Learning Manager, DNA Damage Repair (DDR)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As a US Oncology Commercial Learning Manager, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
The US Oncology Commercial Learning Manager participates in the development of training content and delivers learning and development experiences for US Commercial markets, in support of the assigned oncology therapeutic area. The Commercial Learning Manager functions as a strategic partner and cross functional member of a content development project team that represent US and Global Markets for both Medical and Commercial field facing teams. The Oncology Commercial Learning Manager will work collaboratively with this diverse team to develop appropriate training content and learning approaches and to efficiently and effectively train globally personnel supporting the applicable oncology therapeutic area. The Commercial Learning Manager contributes to the overall success of the OTD team by identifying best-in-class ways to continuously improve the learning process and enhance learning effectiveness.
Success factors for this role include cultural and operational adaptability of training content across the cross-functional OTD organization and measurable improvement in performance when learners return to their performance environment.
Develops training and development, partnering with US and Global AZ stakeholders to enable a high performing organization. Ensures training programs support the current needs of the business across the globe and address new initiatives, with an emphasis on up-to-date learning trends and practices that cause transformational thinking.
- Engages collaboratively with internal stakeholders across the business, speaking their “language” and effectively collaborating in a way that earns credibility and inspires confidence in the OTD organization. Leverages understanding of multicultural forces at play as appropriate. Consults with US and Global AZ stakeholders to identify and assess professional development needs and performance gaps.
- Demonstrates understanding for the business of the organization; is aware of how brand strategies and tactics work in the marketplace; is future-oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and create a vision of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and innovative strategies and plans.
- Ensures learning content is delivered as designed; partners with and provides explicit direction to content developers to continually improve content and design. Evaluates and effectively leverages existing or new Commercial or Medical vendor partners as appropriate (cost and impact) to develop training. Facilitates content using both "off the shelf" and custom designed content.
- Ensures learning evaluations and assessments are leveraged to ensure targeted levels of effectiveness and impact of learning programs to achieve business outcomes; uses these data to inform the ongoing quality of training content.
- Maintains cross functional global relationships, contact and communication with learning program participants and cohorts for coaching and/or pull through training, follow-up and continuity of blended learning completions. Researches, develops and disseminates post-training performance support and reinforcement tools to sustain behavioral change and drive improved performance and business outcomes.
- Attracts, develops and promotes qualified diverse staff within and beyond own team. Provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and constructive feedback to others. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each team member’s strengths/opportunity areas and uses that information to get the best out of him/her.
- Provides challenging tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; encourage team to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; works within the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3-5 years sales experience
- Demonstrated competency in oncology learning & development
- Ability to manage a diverse group of responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, global team environment
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Expertise in the field of Ovarian, Breast, PDAC or Prostate cancer
- 1-3-year minimum in the oncology space, with specific experience in Ovarian, Breast, PDAC or Prostate cancer preferred
Skills and Competencies:
Minimum Skills and Competencies
- Collaborative abilities; demonstrated experience working in cross-functional and virtual project teams, coordinating internal resources to leverage the knowledge of the full team to deliver desired results
- Technical depth in disease area; ability to demonstrate aptitude for continued knowledge development
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to author content; translate and communicate technical concepts
- Strong project management skills; with demonstrated ability to focus on effective planning of submission of project deliverables and adherence to project milestones and final deadlines
- Demonstrated strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills to assess learners and stakeholder needs, anticipate and resolve L&D challenges
- Demonstrated ability to utilize widely-known business software applications (e.g. MS Office Suite) to organize, analyze and synthesize information
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Working knowledge of information/technology systems that support learning and development initiatives.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.