Omnichannel Analytics, Sr Manager
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Analytics and Insights in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Omnichannel Analytics, Sr Manager role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Working with Marketing Teams, Insight Leaders, Sales Leaders, and Data Management Team, this role is accountable for leading the design, analysis, and interpretation of omnichannel marketing data from a variety of sources to inform and enhance decision-making across oncology brands. This is a hands-on role within U.S. Insights & Analytics that leads the synthesis of complex data to identify actionable strategic and tactical marketing opportunities. The role reports to the Sr. Director, Advanced Analytics.
You will work cross-functionally within the organization and with external agency partners to help enable and scale omnichannel analytics, drawing on your experience delivering data-driven insights that empower business to deliver measurable marketing impact. Leveraging available tools, resources, and the latest advanced analytics methodologies, you will deliver insight and guidance based upon a deep knowledge of brands, sales, oncology customers, and marketing strategies and tactics across oncology franchises.
This role will also lead in establishing and implementing a testing and optimization framework for continuous improvement of omnichannel marketing, working closely with marketing and data science partners to deliver insights that drive action. Similarly, you will be part of a cross-functional team that rigorously evaluates the efficacy of and return on omnichannel marketing investments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify business needs proactively and build research/analysis with foresight
- Work with the Director and Sr. Director, in consultation with key marketing stakeholders, to develop an omnichannel analytics plan that focuses resources and drives business growth
- Conduct objective quantitative analyses and provide evaluation, interpretation, and communication of results synthesizing key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data
- Work closely with Data Management team members to compile and organize key data sources, and advise on prospective new data sources to achieve business value
- Create insightful reports and presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic & tactical options
- Identify and drive reporting efficiencies and automations to ensure team members can invest time in addressing high-value business questions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with customer facing teams, internal insights and data science colleagues, outsourced partners, and consultants as needed
- Omnichannel performance/KPI development, tracking, and best practice sharing across functions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Pharmaceutical industry or management consulting experience, ideally in oncology
- Strong analytics capability / business acumen with ability to understand and interpret information from multiple sources
- Comfort with ambiguity with the ability to challenge traditional thinking to solve problems
- Good presentation skills with the ability to explain concepts or plans in a simple concise manner.
- Ability to lead without authority
- Ability to translate large, complex data sources into actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across groups of diverse backgrounds and skills
- Ability to provide informational and analytical support for leadership in a timely and effective manner through seamless integration with other members of Insights and Analytics
- Ability to navigate various customer-centric marketing analytics platforms (e.g., Tealium, Adobe Analytics, etc.) to retrieve data, build visualizations, and conduct analyses for stakeholders
- Experience working with data from personal and non-personal channels (e.g., sales call and email activities, speaker programs, 3rd party platforms, owned digital media, email campaigns, search, and social)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Ability to partner with analytics colleagues to evaluate marketing impact through rigorous methodologies
- Familiarity with secondary patient-level data sources is preferred (IQVIA, Symphony, Flatiron, etc.)
- Advanced Quantitative Degree (e.g., Statistics, Engineering, or Economics) or Advanced Marketing Degree (e.g., MBA)
- Manage, transform, and analyze data using Python, R, and/or SQL
- Manage, transform, and analyze within AWS (S3, Athena, SageMaker)
- Advanced data analysis capabilities, such as supervised and unsupervised ML modeling, NLP, multivariate statistical estimation, experimental (A/B testing) design
- BI visualization (Qlik, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience in presenting to large teams with senior members
- Project/program management expertise
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility crafts life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 specialists in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most ground breaking technology and lab spaces, all designed to encourage collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration between teams.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.