Medical Scientist, Late Stage Hem
This is an exciting period for us, as well as for those poised to join us. We are looking for established scientists who wish to broaden their roles.
As a Medical Scientist you will have a role in developing new registration-focused trials in hematology. You will be working independently with guidance in only the most complex situations and be a close partner to the physician on the team.
This opportunity is available at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, Waltham, MA or Mississauga Canada (remote work is not available).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- You will have key relationships internally with clinical project teams, and externally with regulatory bodies and external service providers.
- You will ensure there is adequate input into the drug development process from experts in each of the various areas of drug development, or provide input into one or more of these areas as a technical expert.
- You will develop and design studies to determine the scientific and clinical viability of a particular drug or portfolio of drugs and interpret the results of these studies, either as the head of a team, or by providing expert input.
- You will participate in protocol design, writing and Implementation to meet GCP, ICH and all AstraZeneca quality standards.
- You will manage cross functional projects to ensure the successful passage of drugs through all phases of the drug development process, or contribute to one or more elements of such a project as a technical expert.
- You will review and interpret medical data and clinical trial data and come up with conclusions
- You will also have responsibility for delivery of pieces of the trials and may lead submissions from a process standpoint.
BS required, PhD in a scientific field, PharmD or MD is strongly preferred, candidates with significant relevant drug development experience will be considered
- 1+ years Hematology or Oncology clinical trials experience required. Hematology strongly preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience managing and interpreting the results of clinical trials as well as exposure to writing protocols preferred
- Strong analytical skills, experience of authoring scientific documents preferred, well-developed communication skills
- Sufficient technical and disease area knowledge to be able to interact with confidence with internal and external partner
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.