Head of IT : Human Resources
Head of IT: Human Resources
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
We have an opportunity to be part of a team where your work has a huge impact – to develop life-changing medicines. Where IT is valued at every level – with the backing and investment it deserves. We have an ambitious vision – to become a digital and data-led enterprise that disrupts the entire industry. To get there we need to experiment with leading-edge technology and design complex software solutions from scratch – so if you’ve got a passion for IT, this is the place. With multifaceted roles across the divisions, there’s an opportunity for anyone in IT to innovate and make a difference.
Enabling Units IT delivers digital technology solutions and services to multiple business areas including HR, Finance, Legal, Global Sustainability, Corporate Affairs and Mergers/Acquisitions. The team is comprised of over 450 staff primarily located in 7 locations across the globe.
In this role we believe you will take the lead on all Global IT delivery for the Human Resources (HR) function at AstraZeneca, bringing industry knowledge, HR business expertise and strong digital/technology acumen to bear in helping develop a fit-for-future IT organisation.
We see you leading a team of IT professionals in shaping the technology strategy for Human Resources working directly with senior business partners, and building/implementing a multi-year roadmap to achieve the required business outcomes. In addition to the strategic nature of the role there is a strong operational component to ensure existing HR systems and new delivery projects are seamlessly delivering value across the organisation. An agile mindset and continuous delivery focus will essential to continuously positively challenge the landscape status quo.
The role will build upon our strong Saas/mobile-first technology foundation and help to evolve the landscape to the next level. You will understand and be considering technologies including, but not limited to, AI, ML, prescriptive/augmented analytics, and omnichannel HR services with Virtual Assistants. This desire for new technology will be tempered with a solid understanding /respect for compliance, data privacy and ethical technology considerations.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Leading the strategic IT and operational relationship with senior business leaders, developing a deep understanding of the business strategies, priorities and challenges, ensuring that IT investment is aligned to business objectives.
- Focusing on understanding, articulating, and prioritising value with partners to ensure maximum focus on Patient and Business outcomes.
- Ensuring the Operational aspects of HR IT are maintained all within agreed compliance and privacy guidelines as well as meeting or exceeding Business expectations.
- Leadership and development of both direct and indirect reports
- Efficiently leading a global matrix organisation with an agile mindset to proactively lead demand with the business and ensuring mutual understanding of priorities. Working reciprocally with: Business Stakeholders, Senior Business Relationship Managers, Architecture, Solution Delivery and Peer Heads of IT.
What EXPERIENCE do we need...
- Industry recognised experience in the Digital HR Technology market
- A consistent track record of delivering value and strategic solutions in complex global organisations
- Experience in providing leadership/development to other leaders and managing a diverse range of activities through others in a hybrid line management and matrix organisation
- Experience of defining the business strategies and influencing the vision of senior leaders
- Strong Analytics Technology and Workforce Data understanding
- Deep understanding of Regulatory, Risk and Compliance pressures for HR/systems
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent (business technology or related degree)
Does this sound of interest? Here’s why you should consider applying…
At AstraZeneca, we’ll make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you. To do this, we’ve built an extraordinary international working environment with outstanding opportunities for collaboration and innovation. A global company that pushes the boundaries of science, we all share a big purpose: to discover and develop life-changing medicines that save lives. In IT we make a direct impact on that purpose – enabling the entire business to perform at its peak. Combining ground breaking science with leading digital technology platforms and our own data sets.
Ours is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it – with countless opportunities to learn and grow your career. You get to design your path, but there’s support all the way. It’s a multifaceted and meaningful environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. You’re trusted to explore and to find new solutions. But most of all we respect the collective – diverse minds that move at pace and collaborate openly. Here IT has the power to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives. That’s why we’re proud to work here. If you’re passionate about making a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.