Global Talent Acquisition Lead, Oncology R&D
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Our Centre of Excellence for Talent Acquisition helps to deliver AstraZeneca’s ambitious business strategy through recruiting internal and external talent to meet the needs and demands of the business. We now seek a talented person to deliver a world class talent acquisition service globally, aligned to the Oncology R&D Function.
We have one of the most envied pipelines in all of Oncology and the Oncology R&D organisation is as the centre of the development of these new medicines. This is a global group represented in 16 countries with the main populations around our R&D hubs in the UK, US and Sweden. You will partner with the leaders across functions such as Early Oncology, Late Oncology, Biometrics, Precision Medicine and Regulatory Affairs.
Reporting to the VP, Talent Acquisition, this role sits on the Global Talent Acquisition Leadership team who are responsible for shaping our enterprise wide strategy for attracting some the best talent in the world.
- Developing and executing proactive Global Talent Acquisition strategies including translating the workforce plan into a recruitment demand forecast (1-3 year time horizon) to meet the current needs of the business area and to build a bench of qualified candidates to meet future anticipated business needs
- Managing/leading a global team of Talent Acquisition Partners
- Owning/developing the functional Employer Branding plan
- Ensuring prioritised validated external pipelines are in place by partnering with Talent Scouts, build short-medium term talent pools for business critical roles
- Taking personal responsibility for the end-to-end talent acquisition of business critical, Executive hires (VP level and above)
- Exploring & developing new and innovative executive talent acquisition channels based on market insight aligned to specific functional needs
- Collaborating with HR Business Partners and other Centres of Expertise (CoE) to implement best-in-class programs and processes that align with business requirements
- Ensuring the right external partners e.g. Agencies & Executive Search firms are in place to support functional area as needed
- Providing subject matter expertise on what type of solution is best for business need e.g. permanent hire, contractor/temporary/freelancer/outsource provider
- Monitoring data quality, best practice and standards across the team in order to ensure accurate and meaningful reporting and data analysis
- Building key relationships across the business area and operating credibly across the functional leadership team.
- Leading one or more global projects to drive efficiency, consistency, quality and innovation across the Global Talent Acquisition team
Essential Skills & Experience;
- 10+ years experience of recruitment across all levels and in several locations
- 3+ years experience gained in a recruitment role within the Pharma, Biotech, Medical or Life Sciences industry
- Extensive experience of creating and driving a Business area recruitment strategy
- Detailed knowledge of employment branding, recruitment marketing, social media strategies
- Extensive experience in executive recruitment & excellent knowledge/experience of executive compensation practices
- Experience in managing executive search partners
- Networking, gravitas and relationship building capabilities to manage senior stakeholder relationships
- Working knowledge of cross border employment, immigration, tax and social security principles
- Customer focused
- Collaborative, excellent persuasion & influencing skills
- Extensive experience in Project Management
- Experience in preparing business cases and in managing a budget
- Leading/Managing a team
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level (ideally a science subject)
- Experience managing the full life cycle of a talent acquisition function in a medium/large national/global company
- Extensive knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive knowledge of Oncology landscape
- Experience in leading and motivating a team of Talent Acquisition Partners based in multiple global locations
- Capability of building global networks/communities
If you’re curious about What Science Can Do, JOIN US! Apply today.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equal opportunity without discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills including race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We comply with all applicable national, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.