Global R&D Procurement Manager - Regulatory & Medical Writing
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join R&D Procurement, Global Procurement. The position will be located at one of our vibrant R&D sites in Gothenburg, Sweden; Gaithersburg, USA, Cambridge, UK or Warsaw, Poland. This role will be responsible for Regulatory services and the Medical Writing category, this includes supporting external services we source for Patient Safety and QA. Medical Writing supports clinical deliveries throughout the life span of the drug, including regulatory submission to Health Authority and Commercialisation/License to Operate.
As AstraZeneca launches the Growth Through Innovation strategy, we have built a single R&D Procurement group that will support our two new integrated R&D units – Oncology and Biopharmaceuticals (Respiratory, CVRM and INA). These units have responsibility for the value chain from discovery through to late-stage development, enabling rapid acceleration of promising early-stage assets and life-cycle management programs. Our new R&D structure helps us to build on this proud legacy of scientific contribution, and ensure we are positioned to continue to translate our innovative science into even more life-changing medicines for patients.
The role ensures all sourcing arrangements are successful and aligned to company and area strategy and manages supplier relationships at an operational/strategic level. You may also be responsible for business planning, relationship management and reviews of existing supplier arrangements for an entire spend category, region or all of AstraZeneca.
You will have accountability for a spend category or market across a region or possibly our entire organisation, leading both demand and supply side activities. You will develop long term strategic plans for the entire spend area, either regionally or across the entire organisation.
What you'll do
- Oversee implementation of market/ category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Support Director/Associate Director in the development of long-term plans for agreed scope of spend area
- Support the Director/Associate Director in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - ensuring Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base can support these strategies.
- Work with relevant Director/ Associate Director(s) to ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned AZ-wide category plan
- Work alongside Global Procurement Services (GPS) in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchases in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinate the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analyse and resolves issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advise on contracts and agreements with new and existing suppliers
- Develop, evaluate and own internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams.
Essential for the role
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in similar environment at a management level
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management and people leadership skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement area or relevant R&D experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
Desirable for the role
- Experience in sourcing Regulatory Services and/or medical writing services or similar area.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.