Global Life Cycle Management Marketing Director, Respiratory Biologics
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
GPPS (Global Product and Portfolio Strategy) bridges science and commercial, integrating corporate, portfolio, therapy areas and product strategies, providing strategic direction from early-stage research through to commercialization. We are looking for a Life Cycle Management Marketing Director for a specific respiratory biologics product to join our Respiratory Biologics Global Portfolio and Product Strategy (GPPS) team, reporting to the Head of Life Cycle Management (LCM) for a respiratory biologics product. In this role, you will contribute to the development of commercial plans to maximize the value of a specific respiratory biologic product as we evaluate opportunities to expand to additional indications beyond asthma. In this capacity, you will champion this respiratory biologic product and help build a franchise that will maximize the product’s long term value and potential to patients and customers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the Life Cycle Management Marketing Director, you will represent GPPS and be accountable for the development and implementation of the LCM strategy for a specific respiratory biologic product. Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Lead development of business cases to support Phase 3 and Commercial investment decisions including comprehensive insight generation, market analysis, forecasting and commercial modeling
- Lead the development and execution of global brand strategy and brand positioning for new indications
- Develop global activities for pre-launch and up to 3 years post launch including disease awareness and launch preparation plans,
- Collaborate with cross functional partners in Pricing & Market Access , Global Development, medical affairs, regulatory and operations
- Map and engage global key external experts
- Engage with regions and key markets to ensure launch readiness / commercial excellence
Education: Bachelor’s degree (business focus preferred) is required; science expertise preferred
Essential/Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of Biologics and Respiratory Market Thorough understanding of the development process and necessary commercial touch points
- Understanding of general business and core marketing principles and application to future healthcare market challenges
- Working knowledge of clinical trial / drug development process
- Broad, global and in-country commercial experience including biologics pre-launch and launch
- Strong strategic thinking, judgement and influencing skills to influence R & D to ensure strong commercial focus
- Evidence of developing compelling business cases
- Sufficient understanding of technical risks and the implications for the commercial aspects to future brands
- Ability to inspire and align others behind a vision and strategy
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Ability to build effective partnerships across functions and geographies
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of US biologics/specialty care market
- Significant leadership role in US market
- Inline Brand Marketing Company experience
- Exposure to and track record of effective management of decision-making bodies
- Development of brands from early through launch
Next Steps – Apply Today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.