Global Commercial Head- Beyond Breast Cancer, ADC/ Trastuzumab Deruxtecan
AstraZeneca is at an amazing trajectory, rapidly and successfully emerging into a key leader in Oncology. Together we deliver transformational medicines across a broad range of major indications, making a significant difference for patients worldwide every day. Focusing on the potential of science to address unmet need, we are specifically committed to those areas where we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As Commercial Leadership within Oncology, our ability to effectively and creatively market our products and lead our business has a meaningful impact. It powers our business to lead the way for the industry and to impact more lives – making a difference to those living with cancer.
Working across our broad and innovative pipeline, we fuse our business mindset and scientific knowledge to bring transformative medicines and novel treatments to those who need it the most.
True team players, we’re a place of trust, excellence and opportunity – where everyone is encouraged to add challenge and excitement to the everyday. Here we try new things, take calculated risks and work as one to go further, faster.
Together, as ambitious experts, we’re building the future and leading the next wave of transformation for our patients, business and Oncology.
As the Global Commercial Head, Beyond Breast Cancer (ADC/ Trastuzumab Deruxtecan) you’ll play a pivotal role in making a positive impact on changing patients’ lives, building a new franchise to change the paradigm of care for cancer patients across multiple tumors
As a key contributor to future growth we seek dedicated global commercial leadership to successfully shape and mobilize a young organization across functions and markets, maximizing the global potential of ADC/ Trastuzumab Deruxtecan, and delivering business leadership in unlocking new growth opportunities in close collaboration with our colleagues in Research and Development..
The Global Commercial Head, Beyond Breast Cancer (ADC/ Trastuzumab Deruxtecan), will be accountable for commercial leadership and brand strategy across multiple tumors beyond breast cancer including launch readiness, growth and life cycle strategies with new investments. You will be responsible and accountable for the development and implementation of the brand strategic plan in multiple cancer indications including market development, as well as engaging with regions and key markets to drive launch readiness and commercial excellence. You will grow and develop the ADC/ Trastuzumab Deruxtecan Beyond Breast Cancer global marketing team as well as provide matrix leadership to colleagues in Medical Affairs, Business Insights, Pricing, Market Access, Diagnostics and Communications.
Who you are:
You are a passionate leader who is excited about the opportunity to create trust, credibility and value in the long run, in one of the most dynamic and rapidly expanding scientific and commercial areas in healthcare: Oncology.
You can think globally and locally. You can integrate a variety of perspectives into meaningful strategies and programs. You embrace curiosity, collaboration and smart risk taking as a prerequisite for joint success. You speak up and challenge, always towards better outcomes and towards highest integrity. You enthusiastically embrace the diversity of individual healthcare ecosystems as significant opportunity. You can relate and connect deeply with various healthcare and business markets in order to deliver direction and support. You can create and mobilize a work environment of highest integrity and quality, fostering learning, growth, individual development and attraction of top talent.
- Accountable for commercial strategy, go to market commercialization and growth strategies for ADC/ Trastuzumab Deruxtecan in a broad set of tumors and indications outside of breast cancer
- Drive market expansion with new investments
- Lead global commercial team & markets interface; Develop and provide strategic guidance to regions and functions
- GPT Commercial Lead
- Co-lead joint commercial forums across alliance.
- Lead and represent team for senior leader presentations
- Be the face of global commercial team for external key stakeholders
- Line manager to ADC/ Trastuzumab Deruxtecan global marketing team in beyond breast cancer; matrix leadership for all enabling functions and business partners
The successful leader will bring the following expertise:
- Stakeholder Alignment: Track record of strong cross-functional collaboration and experience gaining stakeholder alignment to move key initiatives forward.
- Leadership & Talent Development: Proven track record of attracting and developing diverse teams and optimizing team performance.
- Strategic Thinking: Experience leading development of cancer/oncology brands, experience working in and/or leading customer facing roles, preferably in the global markets.
- Strategic Clarity & Messaging: Successful experience in working in the unique space we would like to own in the mind of our customers (HCPs, patients, payers); and translating clinical and economic benefits into a compelling message platform.
- Scientific Acumen: Comprehensive understanding of the cancer/oncology space as well as the clinical profile of our brands, oncology and competitor products (current & future) to shape life-cycle planning and management and interact meaningfully with scientific community and patient advocacy groups.
- Commercial acumen and delivery: Focus on delivering high-impact opportunities at scale by implementing customer-specific approaches. Experience in building as well as shaping markets.
- Right touch insight: Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive innovative approaches around building a culture of continuous learning to understand why customers behave as they do and what they value.
- Develop a Great Place to Work: Able to actively engage, inspire and create follower ship of diverse teams. Engenders trust, empowers team and has courageous conversations. Makes fair, impartial and informed talent decisions. Ability to assess and implement changes to franchise go-to-market model including size & structure of both sales and marketing teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Seasoned pharmaceutical/biotechnology executive with significant experience and proven leader with sophisticated general management, strategic marketing, and in-country commercial leadership skills with a solid track record of accomplishment
- Oncology experience
- Must have a solid scientific foundation
- Demonstrates strategic and tactical abilities in developing and successfully implementing a comprehensive commercial plan
- Highly organized with a keen sense of what it takes to get the job done; strong operating skills and a sense of urgency with strong collaboration and cross functional partnership
- Experience in multi-indication approaches in cancer medicines
- P&L Management experience
- Working effectively within an alliance
- MBA / advanced scientific degree
- At least 20% global and domestic travel anticipated
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
#oncology #theplacetOBU #astrazenecacareers
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.