Global Commercial Director, Hematology
AstraZeneca is at an amazing trajectory, rapidly and successfully emerging into a key leader in Oncology. Together we deliver transformational medicines across a broad range of major indications, making a significant difference for patients worldwide every day. Focusing on the potential of science to address unmet need, we are specifically committed to those areas where we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Successfully embarking into the critical field of Hematology is a key strategic objective for our future evolution. We therefore seek people who are ready to be at their very best, and are poised about becoming part of this transformational opportunity.
As Global Commercial Director, Hematology you will be responsible for driving key components of the brand strategy and customer engagement as well as their implementation at the global level. The position is an opportunity to define the future of AstraZeneca’s best in class BTK inhibitor acalabrutinib in launching indications and across its lifecycle, which has just started to unfold for patients with CLL and MCL worldwide.
Reporting directly into the Global Commercial Head Hematology this is a key role responsible for the development and implementation of both the strategic and operational plan that delivers a world class launch for acalabrutinib and any future programs for the new Hematology indications.
Who you are:
You are a passionate leader who is excited about the opportunity to create trust, credibility and value in the long run, in one of the most dynamic and rapidly expanding scientific and commercial areas in healthcare: Hematology.
You can think globally and locally. You can integrate a variety of perspectives into meaningful strategies and programs. You embrace curiosity, collaboration and smart risk taking as a prerequisite for joint success. You speak up and challenge, always towards better outcomes and towards highest integrity. You enthusiastically embrace the diversity of individual healthcare ecosystems as significant opportunity. You can relate and connect deeply with various healthcare and business markets in order to deliver direction and support. You contribute actively to a work environment of highest integrity and quality, fostering learning, growth, individual development and attraction of top talent.
Your main accountabilities and tasks:
- You are accountable for leadership and development of go to market launch strategies
- You enable and lead key commercial Life Cycle Management deliverables
- You will drive commercial leadership and perspective within cross functional teams including Medical Affairs, Business Insights, Pricing Market Access, Communications
- You co-develop, evolve and evaluate the global brand strategy and brand positioning cross-functionally
- You are accountable for operational implementation of designated launch and commercialization programs
- You develops and implement global activities for pre-launch & post launch activities, including speaker bureau, disease awareness, launch preparation plans, P&MA input and with medical affairs, global KOL mapping and engagement, etc.
- You are accountable for engaging with OBU countries and regions to ensure launch readiness / commercial excellence
- You are responsible for the development and ownership of global commercial forecast and high-level P&L.
Your education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Science subject
- Experience of Oncology marketing with Global launch experience preferred
- Broad commercial experience including pre-launch and launch
- Track record of delivery of high impact above and in market customer facing initiatives
- Strong strategic thinking, judgement and influencing skills, to influence and lead across local markets to ensure strong executional commercial focus
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long-term needs & constructively resolve issues
- Proven experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payors, providers
- Effective cross-functional & cross-market project team leadership and influencing skills
- Effective working with medical affairs and promotional affairs stakeholders delivering highest quality initiatives to AZ promotional standards
- Effective interactions with internal & external customers and stakeholders to drive success
- Proven senior commercial track record: focus, resource securing and deployment
- Evidence of developing compelling business cases
- PhD/master’s in science
- Exposure to and track record of effective management of decision-making bodies and governance
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.