Commercial Sales Trainer, DDR-Oncology
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Overview: The Commercial Sales Trainer, Women’s Cancer / DDR-Oncology designs and delivers learning and development experiences that prepare US Commercial personnel to effectively communicate the DDR Franchise and Brand messages with training solutions to the field. The Commercial Sales Trainer will be utilized as the subject matter expert regarding the product training, selling skills, and launch training space, by collaborating with cross functional experts and managing vendors assigned to develop training content. The incumbent will work within a global, cross collaborative environment and will responsible for understanding the training needs of the Sales Force, Brand team, and will identify and implement approved training solutions.
- Develops learning and development experiences, partnering with AZ stakeholders to enable a high performing organization. Ensures training programs support the changing needs of the business and address new initiatives, with an emphasis on current trends and practices.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive training curriculum that aligns with core competencies supporting the overall brand strategy; delivers curricula from onboarding through advanced programs.
- As appropriate, oversees and manages the training vendor relationships during the creation and build of all training materials; ensures all curricula are properly maintained and approved per AZ policies and guidelines. Ensures learning content is delivered as designed; active engagement with content developers to continually improve the global content and design.
- Collaborates with brand and field sales leadership to support field sales commercial training for all product launches and label updates.
- Working under the direction of the Commercial Training Manager and collaboratively with Marketing and Sales Leadership, identifies training needs and delivers aligned upon solutions to sales representatives in the field.
- Collaborates with key cross-functional partners to ensure the training strategy and plan are aligned with the business KPI’s, goals, objectives and strategies; conducts on going needs analysis and leverages insights to inform the training strategies and curricula as needed. Collaborates with global stakeholders, if required.
- Evaluates and effectively leverages existing or new vendor partners and delivery media as appropriate (cost, impact and engagement) to deliver training. Facilitates content using both "off the shelf" and custom designed content leveraging and developing efficiencies where possible.
- Participates in the selection of best in class means of training delivery and design including eLearning, self-study, computer-based training, audio/video, classroom, experiential learning, learning paths, to ensure AZ teams are trained to deliver the access and acquisition related attributes of our products and services. Administers learning evaluations and assessments to ensure targeted levels of effectiveness and impact of learning programs to achieve business outcomes; uses these data to inform the ongoing quality of training content.
- Maintains relationships, contact and communication with learning program participants and cohorts for coaching, follow-up and continuity of blended learning completions.
- Researches, develops and disseminates post-training support and reinforcement tools to sustain behavioral change and drive improved performance and business outcomes.
- Commercial (US) Leaders
- Medical (US and Global) Leaders
- Commercial Brand Leaders
- Oncology Marketing Leaders
- Sales Leadership
- Learning & Development Managers
- Commercial Learning Staff
Minimum Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Two (2) years’ experience delivering training in a pharmaceutical business environment
- Three (3) years oncology experience preferred
- Experience in delivering training
- Ability to manage a varied set of responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong collaborative abilities; demonstrated experience working in cross-functional project teams and coordinating internal resources to leverage the knowledge of the full team to deliver desired results
- Credible understanding of AZ disease areas; ability to demonstrate aptitude for continued knowledge development
- Demonstrated ability to using ongoing knowledge of applicable treatment landscape to inform the creation and delivery of learning and development events.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to author content; translate and communicate business concepts
- Strong project management skills; with demonstrated ability to focus on effective planning of submission of project deliverables and adherence Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to assess learners and stakeholder needs, anticipate and resolve L&D challenges Demonstrated ability to utilize widely-known business software applications (e.g. MS Office Suite) to organize, analyze and synthesize information
Preferred Requirements & Skills:
- MBA or MS/MA in a related field is preferred
- Clinical acumen in one or more AZ Oncology Business Unit therapeutic areas of focus: prostate, pancreatic, breast or ovarian.
- Thorough understanding of market dynamic within the therapeutic area(s)
- Working knowledge of information/technology systems that support learning and development initiatives.
- Understanding of Compliance, Regulatory guidelines, and accountabilities and able to ensure they are clearly represented in all commercial learning material and training classes/workshops.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.