Clinical Operations IT Product Lead - (OFR0100)
Clinical Operations IT Product Lead
As a Clinical Operations IT Product lead you will be key member of the Veeva Clinical Vault Platform IT DevOps team which will be the leaders in Vault Platform architecture and application extension through Java led SDK development enabling API led integrations across AZ specific Platforms.
The IT Product lead will have the opportunity to collaborate with Platform Manager, Product Manager/Owner, Senior Platform Engineers, DevOps Leads, Release Engineers, and Solution/Integration Architects within AZ to establish standard methodologies for software development and engineering, business analysis, solution designs, enterprise software integration and project management within Veeva Clinical Vault.
Work in partnership with the Business Product Director/Manager you will lead and oversight the value stream enabled cross platform initiatives and work closely with Platform Manager/other product leads and BRM to achieve your goals. The Platform consist of a wide range of product components where we are harmonizing both backend and frontend solutions into a service catalogue of solutions enabled within Platform framework.
Assesses business and technical requirements and business priorities as well as leads high-level investigations or analysis aligned to the strategy.
Leads, Coaches and Mentors a team of Lead Engineer, Release Manager, DevOps Lead, Senior technical Platform Engineers and Release Engineers while applying intuition for business to deliver high-valued results.
Influence the designs for sophisticated technical solutions in a balanced and manageable way using existing and new platforms, in close collaboration with enterprise and solution architecture and software engineering practice.
Chips in as a technology advisor identifying technical implications and providing strategic and technical recommendations to support business objectives in line with overall Platform Strategy.
Accountable for implementing strategies covering testing, release, and documentation for applicable IT Product working through respective Platform lead and DevOps Platform team.
This role requires a hybrid set of technical, business domain, and leadership skills. You are encouraged to perform as a leader-doer with the ability to encourage and empower an agile and team with varied strengths of authorities in a sophisticated matrix organization. This role is a mix of leading a team and establishing a relationship of trust with our partners, anchored by good technical and domain expertise and continuous learning and development.
Building strong strategic relationships with sophisticated customer groups and senior stakeholders, developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction & IT strategy.
Facilitating accurate IT Platform demand forecasting, planning, and delivery collaboratively with respective Platform Teams under scope of the Operational Clinical Development Value Stream.
Leading technical impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future solutions within the Platform framework.
Presenting and gaining consensus from senior leaders for IT initiatives, leveraging domain knowledge to gain credibility, trust, and commitment.
Perform the hands-on Technology Lead role across multiple initiatives, taking on IT Ownership for identified platforms/systems and collaborating closely with various business departments, other IT resources and our vendors both to develop, maintain and support the IT Platform E2E through offshore delivery centers.
Accountable for delivery of current-state system improvements and future-state requirements driving innovation and seeking new technical solutions supplying to the Applications portfolio realignment and thereby consolidating the existing applications into targeted platform framework.
Major Role Key Activities
- Analyzing: Assess and document platform composition and condition, identify stakeholders and expectations on run (i.e., operations), exploit (e.g., requests) and new and current projects and issues.
- Defining: Define and develop the platform strategic, roadmap, LRP Planning including relevant performance measures, addressing current issues and challenges, future plans for changes and opportunities for improvement.
- Engaging: Proactively socialize the platform roadmap with business functions using the platform – and with other platform, process and partnership across IT. Collect feedback for improvement, ensure alignment and coordination, and avoid redundancy or conflicting demands.
- Operating: Execute on the platform roadmap, actively lead the platform as a set of interconnected assets, and lead cross-platform dependencies. Present financial show back and planning associated with platform roadmaps in collaboration with IT Capability, BRMs.
- Evaluating: Assess the health and operational performance of the platform against established metrics. Achieve and improve operational service metrics and/or targets associated with platforms.
- Problem Solver/Critical Thinker: This role requires someone who can understand the issues, the broader context, and help to develop strategic and specific solutions.
- Technology Savvy: This role will be benefitted by an individual who is a quick learner and able to utilize different software technologies.
- Process Implementation & Improvement Experience: The ideal candidate will have experience creating, implementing, and improving global processes, particularly within Clinical Operations and Data Management.
- Executive Communication. Must communicate and present at the executive level: proficiency in stakeholder buy in, strong cross functional communication, organizational navigation, establishing rapport across functions and levels of management.
- Improving: Identify and realize opportunities to increase the value of the platform by extending cost-effective use and/or reducing platform costs through rationalization, consolidation, streamlining, and price negotiation.
What You'll Do
- Working with engineers and architects to design and build scalable Veeva Vault platform components and frameworks.
- Own the roadmap, working with Vault Application product manager/owners to enable features per release planning.
- Design easy to use, scalable, and highly performant features.
- Ensure successful product adoption by evangelizing and supporting the use of Vault Platform.
- Serve as an internal Veeva Vault expert for IT and business partners across regions and business areas focusing both on functional configuration and integration landscape.
- Socialize new or unused Veeva platform features with business and identify exploitation opportunities within internal platform team.
- Run assessments / POCs against Veeva general releases and new enhancement requirements working with Veeva Product team.
- Provide domain expertise on the Veeva Vault product functionality and APIs.
- Work closely with customers to establish solutions at the business and technical level.
- Responsible for technical architecture and implementation of eTMF, CTMS, Study Startup to support clinical trial data and content management solution on Veeva Vault Platform
- Lead software implementation projects and customers during the lifecycle of an implementation focusing on project planning, gap analyses, workshop delivery, requirements gathering, configuration, validation, migration, integration, training, and go-live activities.
- Guide our customers through successful implementations from inception through adoption, ensuring alignment of processes to system design and functionality. Think critically about business requirements to ensure the solution reflects business requirements and focuses on customer success and adoption.
- Serve as the primary customer liaison leading communication, risks, and project reporting between the project team, customer, and internal stakeholders.
- Mentor DevOps team members consultants in the VCV platform team to provide leadership for Platform team.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Platform governance at all level and with other teams across the company around strategic enterprise initiatives.
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle.
- Provide release management, technical cutover, environment management and infrastructure automation services.
- Work closely with Vault Engineering and Technical Operations to support the existing release and change management process.
- Provide technical expertise to execute and lead deployment activities for each sprint.
- Lead risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Collaborate with key Development and Quality Assurance stakeholders in developing and executing a robust test and release process.
- Facilitate resolution of deployment problems with Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Operations.
- Proactively identify, recommend and implement software release process improvements to maximize efficiency adopting CI/CD framework and toolkits both in functional and integration components of the platform.
- Provide technical oversight on configuration, customization, UX Configuration for Veeva releases and projects.
- Provide technical expertise on integration technologies to release and project scrum teams working on the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of Integration designs and solutions.
- Generate and implement ideas to simplify / streamline our integration landscape in alignment with integration design and patterns.
- Responsible to ensure that technical specification and design documents are updated as changes are configured within the Platform.
- proven experience either developing, maintaining or supporting Clinical trial Management System or Documentum based applications.
- 5+ years solid understanding and practical experience of software development process using JIRA based Agile Workflow.
- Direct system implementation experience either as a consultant, business or IT representative for at least one of the following systems: Document Management (Documentum, OpenText, SharePoint), CTMS, TMF, Study Startup or Salesforce Veeva CRM Experience.
- Knowledge of SQL to write queries to help understand the integration requirements to be enabled via API led integrations within Platform..
- Ability and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to design and implement a Clinical Solution.
- Proven track record to lead diverse stakeholders and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction.
- Proven track record to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Confidently communicate and interpersonal skills to lead customers, from technical personnel to senior stakeholders, in urgent or critical situations.
- Knowledge of Identity management solution based on OKTA, Oauth, Ping Federate/AD technologies.
- Experience in development of Interfaces/Integration between on-premise and Salesforce/Veeva platform using API’s, Web Services (MuleSoft) and ETL (SnapLogic)
- Experience using/creating build tools (maven, ant, gradle, Sonar or similar tools).
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS, AZURE.
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Automated Testing tools.
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe.
- Experience programming in Java or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience delivering or developing workshop material, training, gap analyses, or requirements gathering sessions with business and system stakeholders.
- Proven track record leading high-impact system implementations and the ability to collaborate and lead diverse stakeholders and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction.
- Ability to act with speed to understand requirements, create corresponding solutions, and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to design and implement a Clinical Operations solution.
Nice to Have
- Certified Veeva Vault Administrator or Salesforce Architect
- Experience with Amazon Cloud Services
- Multi-tenant SaaS based software
- Experience with sophisticated event-driven architectures
- Experience developing sophisticated, high availability enterprise software in Java/J2EE
- Strong expertise with Web Services
- Strong experience with a RESTful architecture
- Experience working on teams using agile development techniques
- Experience with working within Cloud Based Architecture
- Hands on experience with SSO and SAML
- Integration/Programming experience with REST-based APIs
- Community involvement or organizational leadership experience
- Ability to take technical concepts/solutions and educate non-technical audiences
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent degree is preferred but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.