Business Acumen Trainer (Oncology)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As a Business Acumen Trainer, Oncology, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
The Business Acumen Trainer will be utilized as the subject matter expert to create and deliver training and role specific programs to include the Business of Oncology, Access, and Reimbursement for the Oncology commercial teams. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Brand Teams & others within the Oncology Training & Development Team to understand the training needs of the Sales Forces and Above Brand Teams to ensure a well rounded training program for a diverse audience with varying needs in achieved.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develops learning and development experiences, partnering with AZ stakeholders to enable a high performing organization. Ensures training programs support the changing needs of the business and address new initiatives, with an emphasis on current trends and practices in the Oncology landscape.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive training curriculum that aligns with core competencies supporting the overall strategy; delivers curricula from onboarding of the Business of Oncology program to all commercial teams within the Oncology Business Unit.
- As appropriate, oversees and manages the training vendor relationships during the creation and build of all training materials; ensures all curricula are properly maintained and approved per AZ policies and guidelines. Ensures learning content is delivered as designed; makes recommendations to content developers to continually improve the content and design.
- Collaborates with brands to develop, create, and deliver Business Acumen training for all product launches specifically for National Oncology Account Director launch readiness.
- Collaborates with key cross-functional partners to ensure the training strategy and plan are aligned with the business goals, objectives and strategies; conducts on going needs analysis and leverages insights to inform the training strategies and curricula as needed.
- Identifies innovative approaches to deliver the Business Acumen Training starting with Day 1 of a new hire through to Advanced Learning Programs for ongoing development of Business Acumen skills matching the evolving Oncology landscape. These approached will include how to use AZ related platforms to understand the business landscape of the learner’s market.
- Maintains relationships, contact and communication with learning program participants and cohorts for coaching, follow-up and continuity of blended learning completions.
- Researches, develops and disseminates post event evaluations, post-training support and reinforcement tools to sustain behavioral change and drive improved performance and business outcomes. Data gathered is used to validate what is needed to maintain a high quality Business Acumen learning program.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Position is based in Gaithersburg, MD - Corporate Office Based role.
- Minimum three (3) years of Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Oncology, Consultant Experience Required
- Minimum 1 year of a training or training related or key account management role preferred
- MBA or MS/MA in a related field is preferred
Skills & Competencies:
- Collaborative abilities; demonstrated experience working in cross-functional project teams and coordinating internal resources to leverage the knowledge of the full team to deliver desired results
- Facilitation skills to deliver training content in a variety of settings; virtual, live, remote, small group, large group (100+)
- Demonstrated ability to using ongoing knowledge of applicable health care marketplace to inform the creation and deliver of learning and development events
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to author content; translate and communicate business concepts
- Strong project management skills; with demonstrated ability to focus on effective planning of submission of project deliverables and adherence to project milestones and final deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to assess learners and stakeholder needs, anticipate and resolve L&D challenges
- Demonstrated ability to utilize widely-known business software applications (e.g. MS Office Suite) to organize, analyze and synthesize information
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.