Associate Scientist I/II - BPD
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration through scientific research. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca has an opportunity for an Associate Scientist/Engineer I/II in the Device Development Department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will serve as a technical lead and a core team member of cross-functional combination product development teams
- He/she will be responsible for the technical aspects of development of new combination products up to launch readiness, including marketing applications
- He/she will work on complex and technically demanding projects where analysis of data may require an evaluation of multiple variables
- He/she will make detailed experimental observations, review and analyze data, interpret experimental results, and summarize for presentations and reports
- He/she will work in a collaborative matrix structure and interact with co-workers across different functional groups within research and development, regulatory affairs, quality and operations
- He/she will occasionally present scientific data to both internal audiences within the company and potentially to external scientific colleagues
- He/she will be able to lead design risk assessments and design for manufacturability sessions
Associate Scientist I: BS or equivalent in Mechanical, Biomedical or material science with at least 5 years relevant industry experience, MS or equivalent with at least 2 years relevant experience
Associate Scientist II: BS or equivalent in Mechanical, Biomedical or material science with at least 8 years relevant industry experience, MS or equivalent with at least 5 years relevant experience
The candidate must have background in Medical Device and/or drug-device combination product development and be familiar with US and EU regulations. Must have technical experience with common tools and methods used for product development, such as 3D CAD, GD&T, FEA, risk assessment tools and Monte Carlo analysis as examples. Candidate must have experience working in cross-functional matrix teams
- The ability to follow SOPs, policies, and regulations
- Great teamwork and communication skills, both oral and written, are critical. Good prioritization, time management, and organizational skills are required.
- Experience writing technical documents such as procedures and reports
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in Solidworks 3D CAD
- Understanding of other disciplines within biological process development and research
- Experience using statistical modeling and DoE
- Experience in commonly used manufacturing methods, such as injection molding and automated assembly concepts
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.