Associate Director, HCP Marketing – TROP2
The Associate Director, HCP Oncology Marketing, TROP2 Antibody drug conjugates will develop the core US marketing launch plans and drive a robust US commercial strategy for one of our potential upcoming indications in lung cancer. These indications represent a significant opportunity in a complex and competitive environment.
You will play a critical role in shaping and designing our TROP2 ADC launch marketing plans, and in partnership with the Breast Cancer Francise. The position reports directly into US Head of Marketing and work closely with our alliance partner, and in close partnership with the broader breast cancer marketing teams.
The role will require effective collaboration with the Sales, Field Marketing, Insights & Analytics, Medical Affairs, Sales Training, Nurse Education, and Market Access teams.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assessing market potential, identifying risks and opportunities, outlining requirements for market success and prioritization of the launch plans.
- Lead and collaborate effectively with key cross-functional partners and manage both internal and external stakeholders to develop robust market-shaping activities for launch success.
- Identify new capabilities that will be essential for future success and develop a strategic plan to integrate these capabilities into the business.
- Lead execution of the US HCP strategy and collaborate in the development and implementation of the strategy and operational plans with cross-functional partners (e.g. Field Marketing, Insights and Analytics, Access, Medical, Sales, Training, Regulatory, Corporate Affairs)
- Identify new capabilities that will be required for launch success and build plans to integrate into the organization
- Engage with the Global marketing team to ensure alignment, influence and share findings across markets
- Collaborate with peer indication leads for lung cancer and breast cancer to ensure strategic alignment and execution across the AZ oncology portfolio
- Work with Insights and Analytics and Customer Disease Strategy teams to gather market insights, monitor competitive landscape, and provide input into forecasting
- Develop brand strategic plans and priorities for assigned indication(s) with key market shaping activities to ensure brand launch success
- Develops and delivers key brand presentations and provide input into business reviews to leadership
- Work with internal and external partners to define success metrics and analyze performance of marketing programs on an ongoing basis, ensure plans are optimized as needed to improve impact, and develop recommendations for future plans based on resulting measures
- Lead the annual operational planning process by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand’s stated objectives
- Lead partner agency relationships, workflow, and related expense budgets
Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5+ years proven experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, strategic planning
- Prior in-line or equivalent HCP marketing experience
- New product planning or equivalent marketing experience
- Experience building and integrating new capabilities that are relevant for launch success
- Available to travel up to 30%
- Oncology experience – lung and/or breast cancer highly preferred
- Understanding of U.S. Oncology landscape including Community oncology and Hospital oncology dynamics, GPOs, Payer landscape, Specialty Pharmacy stakeholders
- In-depth Marketing experience (developing brand strategy, performing positioning, messaging, segmentation, targeting, managing ad agency, providing direction on annual budget planning)
- Experience across multiple promotional channels (Personal, Non-Personal and Digital, Patient marketing)
- Launch, management, and customer-facing experience
- Experience working in commercial alliance/partnership’ environment.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Effective communication and cross functional collaboration skills
- Driven to be proactive, strategic and innovative
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority
- Adapt to changing dynamics in a competitive marketplace with agility and effectiveness
- Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
- Possess strong business insight skills, as role is responsible for managing multiple program budgets, timelines, process and procedures
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.