Associate Director, Global OBU Marketing Excellence
Do you have passion for Marketing? Would you like to apply your expertise to make an impact in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
The AstraZeneca OBU is executing a 10-year strategy with a vision of eliminating cancer as a cause of death. The success of the strategy will be measured against four key focus areas: improve 5-year survival across five tumor types; launch six additional new molecular entities; transform the patient journey; and, become the #1 oncology player with >$25B in global sales.
To deliver our strategic priorities, we commit to continuous improvement in the areas of people development, capabilities and culture – each recognized as central to our ambition of building a world-class commercial organization.
The OBU Marketing & Launch Excellence Team is responsible for creating a best-in-class learning organization, ensuring marketing & launch practices are embedded throughout the broader oncology marketing community. The Associate Director Marketing Excellence plays a key role by helping to shape the capabilities and competencies that AZ marketers will need now and, in the future.
In addition, responsibilities include leadership of the OBU special projects that work with marketers across the globe to identify and deliver opportunities to drive excellence and efficiency in our marketing approach. This role works across the marketing organization globally, leading the OBU Marketing Excellence Community and at all levels in the organization, including with business leaders. It requires strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to work with people at multiple levels in the organization and in multiple functions.
What You’ll Do
- Drive core AZ Business Cycle processes including the OBU Brand Strategy Plan process.
- Create core strategic marketing frameworks, concepts and key thinking tools that elevate marketing at AZ, maintaining a focus on the patient-centricity.
- Work with OBULT & the Oncology Global Brand Council to define clear Learning Objectives for all marketing training content.
- Create curriculum and training content in partnership, working closely with strategic learning development vendor partners as needed and ensuring that content meets the needs of the business, is developed on time, and on budget.
- Keep abreast of trends and latest developments in marketing excellence, for example learning trends, general marketing trends, and pharma-specific marketing trends.
- Leverage extensive networks to identify partnerships to drive innovation and marketing effectiveness across the OBU & BBU.
- Give input to assessment models to measure training effectiveness and talent capabilities.
- Other such duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
Core Job Behaviors
- Secures commitment from peers/colleagues to adopt new work processes, systems, and approaches to embed change.
- Proactively supports team/colleagues to deliver effectively; sets clear expectations, priorities, and objectives utilising resources for optimum performance.
- Strong collaborative skills: able to work cross-functionally and with virtual teams, to build trust, commitment and engagement. Adjusts approach to secure a positive and respectful outcome.
- Creates an environment, which fosters learning and development with appropriate stretch and 'risk.' Provides constructive feedback to utilise strengths and identify development needs.
- Adopts a coaching approach to develop others and build future leaders with due respect for diversity and inclusion.
Based in Gaithersburg or Cambridge
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post-graduate qualification such as MBA and/or MSc or equivalent is (desirable)
- Work experience: a minimum of 10+ years' experience in in-line marketing, strategic marketing and product launches
- Prior learning development & learning development training experience a plus, either marketing or sales
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix organization, able to motivate and inspire team members to high performance levels
- Proven decision-making and strategic thinking skills leading to successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with team members, management and internal/external partners
- Proven track record of success being a high-level independent and team contributor to lead multiple project and processes
- Flexible, adaptive working style suited to a fast-paced environment.
- Both global and affiliate pharmaceutical marketing experience
- Experience rollout out enterprise-wide programs
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.