Director, Brand Strategy & Marketing, fam-Trastuzumab Deruxtecan (ENHERTU)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As Associate Director, Brand Strategy and Marketing, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies. This role will support the commercialization efforts for fam-Trastuzumab Deruxtecan (DS 8201), an investigational HER2 targeting antibody drug conjugate (ADC) and potential new medicine which has been granted U.S. FDA Breakthrough Therapy designation for the treatment of patients with HER2 positive, locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer who have been treated with trastuzumab and pertuzumab and have disease progression after T-DM1.
The Director, Brand Marketing for fam-Trastuzumab Deruxtecan (ENHERTU) will be responsible for the integrated strategy and implementation of marketing plans for the brand. This position will have responsibility for both development of the strategy as well as its implementation across key elements of the brand strategic plan.
This position will report directly into the US Marketing Lead and will work in close partnership with other members of the cross-functional team and our partner Daiichi Sankyo.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for our US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Define and facilitate development of the brand’s pre and post launch promotional plan and programs and ensure their consistency with brand strategy.
- Partner with Business Insights and Market Research Team to define success metrics and analyze performance of marketing programs on an ongoing basis.
- Assess investment viability of programs based on anticipated ROI/value/impact and formulate recommendations for future plans based on learnings.
- Collaborate with other functional areas and lead the review process to ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all marketing materials.
- Help lead pre-launch planning and annual operational planning by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand’s stated objectives.
- Develop and communicate field promotional strategy and assets and monitor field performance against KPIs.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen skills, as role is responsible for managing multiple program budgets, timelines, process and procedures.
- Manage partner agency relationships, workflow and related expense budgets.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 8+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: market access, brand marketing, sales, pricing or market research/analytics, strategic planning
- Prior in-line HCP marketing experience highly preferred
- Oncology, Breast cancer experience highly preferred
- Experience across multiple promotional channels (Personal, Non-Personal and Digital, Patient marketing) preferred
- Great oral and written communication skills, with ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex constructs
- Ability to manage multifaceted projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross functional team
- Previous experience working in a collaboration with two companies
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.