AskIT & Onsite Engineer
AskIT & Onsite Engineer
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, IT services for users? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
The Enterprise Technology Services Team is accountable for all Infrastructure, Security, IT Operations and all End User Services and technologies. This group ensures our IT Services are seamless and secure, and that technology is delivered in an efficient, effective, and agile way with a strong focus on experience.
The purpose of the Global IT Service and Experience (GS&E) team is to ensure our workforce is as effective as possible in their use of technology through design, education, communication and seamless contact channels to meet our diverse workforce needs and current and future business change. This includes include IT Operations managing Incident, Problem and Changes for IT, self-service, service desk, on-site support and virtual assistant technologies. They are committed to delivering excellent customer service with a focus on strengthening the experience and ensuring it is a key element in solutions and services. They will create a one-IT culture and environment to focus on moments that matter for our colleagues. They will own the optimization and sustainability initiatives for ETS so we continue to add value and deliver our sustainability agenda. The function is global in scale with resources across 6 continents.
The Site IT Technical Team are responsible for the excellent delivery of day-to-day IT services for users in a Site, Country or Region and work closely with the global service teams and their customers to ensure current and future IT Infrastructure and Support services meet business needs. The Site IT Technical Team ensures IT services are delivered effectively through excellent delivery of front-line services, proactive customer engagement and effective communication. The Site IT Technical Team is the representative of IT Services at a site.
- Independently analyze, diagnose and resolve complex tasks or problems related to AZ systems and applications. If unable to resolve, determine appropriate department for resolution and escalate per Service Level / Operating Level agreements. Maintain communications with customers and technical experts until resolution.
- Work as an integral part of a team with peers and co-workers; assess skills of others to identify appropriate resources to resolve customer problems/tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve trouble tickets related to technical difficulties with hardware and software
- Staff a walk-up genius bar (known as AskIT) and provide just-in-time technical and how-to support to customers
- Use remote access tools to transfer files to client PCs and troubleshoot problems
- Meet and work with external resources to identify process/procedures/automation opportunities; communicate issues effectively to team members and management; and follow through on projects/problems/tasks until completion.
- Work with customers and team members to ensure that the mission and goals are being met. This includes SLA/OLA reviews, ticket reviews, and customer satisfaction reports/surveys. Solicit ideas from customers and IT/IS staff to focus on the problem/task and work together to accomplish assignments.
- Assist co-workers with resolution of problems through training, tools and support.
- Liaise with highly technical IT/IS support staff, as well as non-IT/IS customers, and communicate information effectively in all situations.
- Act as primary liaison with customers regarding desktop applications, and/or systems issues as they relate to the AZ environment.
- Support Hardware image configuration for desktop and laptops.
- Provide “hands and eyes” support for network, servers, and conference rooms as needed and as directed by the service provider.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate the following capabilities & skills:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting Windows environment, in a Desktop Support environment
- Thorough knowledge of Lenovo desktops and laptops as well as MS operating systems and applications
- Ability to install and configure complex software applications and to provide support for upgrades and enhancements
- Experience analyzing, managing, expediting and resolving issues with timely customer follow up
- Analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, numerical, and time management skills to meet position objectives
- Proven ability to multitask effectively while maintaining high quality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Must be able and willing to work in a walk-up tech bar in which customer service skills are paramount and there is a high degree of pressure for quick answers and results
- Must display patience and understanding when dealing with difficult customers (both internal and external) and must be able to resolve difficult interactions effectively
- Must possess a commitment to providing exceptional customer service and focusing on the customer first rather than focusing on SLAs first
- Proven knowledge and expertise in supporting Apple Mac OS and iOS software desirable
- Experience in setting up and deploying mobile devices is desirable
- Proven knowledge and expertise in supporting Microsoft Office applications especially Outlook & MS Teams connected to a large MS Office 365
- Experience in the use of cloud-based storage solutions such as MS OneDrive and Box
- Experience in MS Teams, Zoom and other collaboration tools
- Knowledge of antivirus software within an enterprise environment
- Aware of the importance of asset management and their role in updating asset inventory details
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you. Apply today!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.