Production Lead Technician-Night Shift-Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our Frederick facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. We make a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements. The Frederick Manufacturing Center is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives. We are also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a ‘Top 50’ Business in Frederick, and Frederick County’s ‘Best Place to Work’ distinction in 2015 and 2019.
As a Production Lead Technician-Night Shift in the Manufacturing group at Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for the Production Lead Technician duties, which will include:
- Qualified in Production Tech and Senior Production Technician duties: Assigning daily tasks to production technicians pertaining to manufacture of biological based products, while completing manufacturing documentation per approved procedures. Includes reviewing documentation for completeness and accuracy per established timelines
- Act as qualified trainer of those with less experience. Conduct in-direct supervision of others in the team.
- Provides input into annual performance evaluations of production technicians as applicable. Investigate and resolve problems. Clear and concise communication to Process Lead and Supervision/Management
- Coordination of production tasks to meet assigned schedule
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards including expert knowledge of cGMP standards, and the current Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- Extensive equipment knowledge to perform trouble shooting and root cause analysis. Develops solutions to complex problems requiring resourcefulness and creativity/innovation and ensures solutions are consistent with organization’s objectives.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction while exercising considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Good organizational skills, basic first-line management skills for daily operation, situational Leadership and decision-making skills.
Essential for the role:
- BS/BA degree preferred. Associates degree and/or High School Diploma acceptable with experience
- 5-7 yrs. experience with Bachelors
- 8-10 of years of experience with Associates
- 10+ years with High School Diploma
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be an excellent fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.