Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist - R&I Primary Care (Fayetteville/Goldsboro/Jacksonville NC)
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
At AstraZeneca, we are taking bold action on climate because we recognize the connection between healthy people and a healthy planet. As part of our flagship Ambition Zero Carbon program, we have committed to a fully electric vehicle (EV) fleet by the end of 2025, which means that all of our drivers will be assigned an EV.
The AstraZeneca’s US BioPharma Respiratory and Immunology (R&I) Team holds a unique position in respiratory disease, including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), with a range of differentiated potential medicines in development by using novel combinations, biologics and devices. The pipeline also has several promising assets in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases within areas such as psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. As a Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist for R&I Primary Care Team, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Function independently with sales proficiency to drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- Successfully complete training requirements, including product examinations.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to your assigned sales territory.
- Partner with your District Sales Manager and Regional Sales Director to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in your territory.
- Capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plans by using a wide variety of promotional, personnel resources and analytical tools to enhance effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- Provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca’s ethical guidelines.
- Work with Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A driver’s license and safe driving record
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical; preferably within Respiratory therapeutic areas
- Prior sales experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership
- Exemplified judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results-oriented with demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
Please note - Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. A culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.