Global Commercial Effectiveness Lead
Role: Global Commercial Effectiveness Lead
Location: Luton UK
Opening date for applications: 6th November 2019
Closing date for applications: 6th December 2019
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Big success can come from seeing potential in something small. We empower our people to seek these out, and we support them to pursue the opportunities they find.
Global Commercial Effectiveness (GCE) is a core capability within AstraZeneca’s Global Commercial Excellence team. GCE helps maximise the impact of AstraZeneca’s commercial engagement resources at global, regional and local affiliate level by:
- Creating and revamping standards, technique and global guidance on commercial resource allocation including: omnichannel S&T, Incentives, Profiling, data management, FF sizing and structure, and other associated topics
- Effectively driving the adoption of global standards, best practices and capability upgrade across AZ regions, affiliates and global teams
- Supporting AZ global critical transformations and initiatives like Omnichannel and Patient Centricity as Effectiveness SME and through specific interventions/guidance
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of initiatives end to end, according to agreed priorities, resources, budget and timelines aligning with regulations. You will have accountability for the selected projects, from business engagement to delivery, with emphasis on operational management of projects.
We are re-imagining and setting the best enablers for the future shape of AstraZeneca. Our key initiatives are to revamp and modernise AZ Global S&T Framework, AZ omnichannel transformation, multi-indication and cross-portfolio resource maximisation, field force sizing, and incentives guidance.
Please note that this role will be based in Luton a minimum of 3 days per week, and possibly Cambridge 2 days per week.
- Lead the development of Global frameworks, guidance and standards within the GCE remit. Example: Revamping of the AZ S&T Framework
- Drive roll out and adoption of guidance, standards and best practice across AZ regions, priority affiliates and also global brand teams.
- Support Global Brands in adaptation of strategy into Effectiveness guidance. Example: Design S&T Guidance for a New Indication Launch
- Lead assigned GCE projects; Top 10 MC co-design of omnichannel and multi-indication resource allocation plans; multi-market S&T review support; SFE process recommendations
- Lead agreed analytic exercises associated with the GCE prioritised projects
- Lead commercial capability upgrade at all levels, through live or remote training. This includes the design of materials and content
- Ensure Effectiveness capability content is adapted for use in new AZ learning platforms
- Innovation: identify external trends and capabilities to develop new GCE deliverables and evolve the current assets, and ensure successful deployment of those in AZ
- Solid Experience gained within the pharmaceutical industry or consulting with at least two pharmaceutical companies, including project delivery in Primary and Specialty care
- Sales Force Excellence (SFE) experience with proven understanding of skills and knowledge required for successful project delivery, including engagement, monitoring, data management, analysis and recommendations across multiple countries
- Solid knowledge of Incentives techniques and management
- Solid knowledge of Segmentation, Targeting and in general commercial resource allocation in pharma
- Experience delivering messages to senior stakeholders (local SMT and above market)
- Experience in analytic projects that require quantitative review of KPIs and analysis design and planning connected to commercial strategy. Knowledge of statistical analysis and tools for those purposes is highly desirable
- Thorough project management experience, with successful delivery of commercial programmes
- Experience in Omni, Multichannel and/or Digital initiatives is highly desirable
- International or above-market experience is highly desirable
- Fluent spoken and written English, additional languages a strong advantage
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.