Senior Manager, Project & Program Management
AtAstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Senior Manager of Project and Program Management, is responsible for managing and delivering small capital projects (< $1MM). Accountable for the Site PMF (Project Management Framework) which includes project list, charters, approval, governance, resource planning and delivery of capital improvements within prescribed schedules and budgets. Additionally, responsible for the program management to drive the delivery of the site priorities. Overall responsibility for the delivery of plant-wide shutdowns including its planning, coordination and execution
Safety, Health and Environment
Promoting an environment of no hurt, harm or alarm
- Work in a manner which promotes the safety and well being of self, others and environment
- Ensure contract and subcontract workers comply with all SHE contractor safety requirements.
- Contribute to improving SHE performance, proactively use STOP cards to identify SHE hazards and take appropriate actions
GMP / Compliance and Ethical Conduct
Ensuring compliance of self and others to internal and external regulations
- Comply with all systems, processes and procedures in line with statutory/ legislative / quality requirements
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in full compliance with the Code of Ethics and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to this role, specifically those policies related to procurement as well as interactions with vendors and service providers
- Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Ethics and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
In addition, for Managers and Project Team Leaders:
- Ensure and monitor compliance by team members and third parties by (a) positively reinforcing the Code of Conduct and all relevant AstraZeneca Policies and Standards, (b) ensuring completion of all required training, (c) fostering a culture of openness in which employees are comfortable raising questions or concerns, and (d) immediately addressing and reporting, as appropriate, instances of non-compliance.
- Manager Accountabilities at AstraZeneca include Ethical Conduct and Compliance, Team Management, Performance Management, Individual Development Planning, Talent Management, Recruitment, People information, SHE accountabilities, and Fiscal and Financial awareness.
- Leaders with accountability for GXP areas are expected to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of their roles in providing appropriate resources (which could be human, financial, material, facilities, and equipment) to maintain the Quality system and continually improve its effectiveness.
- Optimising performance outcomes of self/direct reports and ensuring understanding of contribution.
Delivery / Supply
- Ensuring customer service is always considered.
- Systems/processes to deliver capital projects and shutdowns on-time and within budget with no safety incidents
- Promoting a cost conscious environment to enable effective cost management.
Lean & Agile Culture / Standardised ways of working
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance to approved and established processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Discipline
- 15+ years’ experience in Pharmaceutical or Biologics manufacturing operation
- Knowledge of GMP’s as related to Pharmaceutical or Biologics manufacturing
- Experience Supervising Multi-disciplined engineers and technicians
- Project Management experience
- Thorough understanding of construction practices
- Supervisory Experience
- PLC Automation programming experience
- Budgetary development and management experience
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering knowledge/experience
- Project Management (PMP)
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.