Senior Chemist - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Senior Chemist is an experienced member of the Quality Control (QC) team that contributes to site operations through the completion of all assigned and routine laboratory and quality system related tasks in compliance with AZ, GMP, & SHE. Standards. The Senior Chemist is a role model for peers in, and outside the laboratory, displaying the qualities of a strong leader that keeps safety, quality, supply, and patients at the forefront of decision making.
- Ethical conduct and compliance
- Adherence to GLP and GDP
- Review of analytical data for accuracy and completion
- Preparation of analytical solutions and standards
- Raw Material, Finished Product, and Bulk Product release testing
- CoA generation for starting material and finished product release
- Coach and mentor laboratory peers
- Write and maintain QC forms and SOPs
- Lead laboratory investigations and deviations, and institute effective CAPAs
- Work with the QA leadership team to address and correct issues arising from quality assurance, compliance, or safety audits
- Work with all laboratory personnel to maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Employ Lean tools to deliver business excellence
- Troubleshoot and maintain analytical instrumentation
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in the chemical or biological sciences.
- At least 5 years of analytical laboratory experience
- At least 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Laboratory investigation and deviation authorship
- Preferred (any):
- Quality Change Management
- Regulatory Audits/Inspections
- Quality Risk Management
- Method Validation
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.