Business Relationship Management - Manufacturing/Operations
Business Relationship Management - Manufacturing/Operations – Coppell, TX
The Business Relationship Management - Manufacturing/Operations will be a part of the Site Leadership team as an integral team member. This ensures the role is truly part of delivering business and IT strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for an IT leader to engage with key business stakeholders at the Coppell and Lomas Verdes manufacturing sites in the development and delivery of the IT strategy and roadmap for the sites. The IT roadmap will accelerate the transformation outcomes and align with our Operations Digital Transformation strategy, supporting growth through innovation at AstraZeneca.
This role has the responsibility to develop strategic and operational relationships within the Coppell and Lomas Verdes Sites, providing IT leadership, external perspectives and true business partnership to the critical functions within these Manufacturing/Operations sites. The IT Site Lead establishes and promotes the overall vision for how IT can support our business partners.
The role holder will act as the IT Site Lead, for the Lokelma Supply Site (Coppell, TX) and the Lomas Verdes, MX Supply site within the Supply Americas function, covering customers, business processes and systems relating to the delivery of global and local Business Process and systems within these sites. The key stakeholders for this role are the Manufacturing Operations Site Leads and their leadership teams at the Coppell Supply Site and the Lomas Verdes Supply Site. The leadership teams include the leaders for the Process Execution, Quality, Supply Chain, and Operational Excellence teams. The role will be located in Coppell, TX. There will be direct reports to this role, additionally, the role will manage others through an extensive matrix management structure.
This resource will have a deep understanding of the Business area and IT industry, and the implications of emerging technologies for the wider business environment. This enable the role to proactively identify opportunities for IT to deliver innovative solutions to customer issues/challenges and situations where leading-edge technological innovations can be deployed to business advantage.
Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, this is a hands-on role, requiring an individual who is driven to achieve clear, measurable results. You will constantly strive to improve key processes and simplify our ways of working. This will require a high level of collaborative working across functions.
Responsibilities, not limited to:
- Single point of contact supporting key business areas at the Coppell, TX and Lomas Verdes, MX Sites, representing Global IT functions. Key business functions this role will support include the
- Build strong strategic relationships with large and complex customer groups and senior partners, developing a deep understanding of short-term and long-term business direction, changes and needs, lead key engagement initiatives to understand demand.
- Collaborate with Operations IT Functions, Capability Owners, and Global System Owners to align on the strategic IT solution roadmap for Operations sites and deployment to the Coppell and Lomas Verdes manufacturing sites.
- Facilitate focus groups, business partner meetings, and other ‘idea generators’ to stimulate the creation of ideas among colleagues and staff, as well as gain feedback regarding IT services.
- Present and gain commitment to IT initiatives through informing and presenting established, changed, or new IT services to customer groups.
- Ensure business partners are fully engaged in IT Capability initiatives and future business trends, as well as the implications of IT enabled change on the business, processes and customers.
- Own the demand portfolio for the sites and communication of associated budget needs, ensuring business value, fit for purpose, and costs balanced for the Coppell and Lomas Verdes Sites.
- Lead high-level investigations on requirements specifications, ensuring alignment with Business and IT strategy, and advise on practical alternatives when necessary.
- Lead business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan.
- Assist with the Identification and mitigation of compliance and data integrity risks in current site IT landscape.
- Takes full responsibility for the level of customer satisfaction, at regular intervals, or after each significant delivery of product or service. Respond to customer queries and complaints - ensures that corrective action is being taken.
- Develop and maintain customer satisfaction plan, to ensure all IT interfaces to the business are operating effectively, manage overall satisfaction with IT services and proactively identify risks, issues, as well as improvement areas.
- Simplify user experience and IT estate where possible in Global Operations and across SET areas.
Work collaboratively with:
- Business and IT leadership teams and other senior stakeholders to build their understanding of IT strategy, programs and challenges, and manage expectations by effectively aligning needs with IT delivery capacity
- IT Strategy, Planning & Innovation, Architecture, Portfolio Management and Project/Programme Management to agree the future shape of proposed solutions and initiate projects in partnership
- Other customer area Business Relationship Managers to ensure identification of synergies and cross-business innovative opportunities, local Automation and Engineering, Operations Computing Specialists and Campus IT.
- Portfolio/Project Managers to initiate projects, clearly define scope and monitor the delivery of project value compared to the promised benefits
- Service and Support Delivery to ensure the IT services plans are established for the customer group and are operating effectively
- Business analysts to manage requirements and build business cases
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of bio-pharma leading edge trends, relevance for adoption and implementation of IT innovative solutions
- Experience working in a manufacturing/operations environment and with relevant applications to support the business functions of a manufacturing site.
- Experience defining the business strategies and influencing the vision of senior leaders
- Experience leading high value business cases & mobilizing high value investments
- Strong relationship building skills, in a global environment, with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Ability to bring alternative perspectives and experience, challenging the status quo
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting
- Excellent influencing, networking and team working skills
- Able to manage negotiations, expectations and solutions across complex groups
- High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Ability to partner and work well in and across diverse global teams and a matrix organization
- Experience using LEAN tools and practices
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.