Senior Consultant - Empower Support
JD for Global Empower
6 - 8 Years of Experience
AstraZeneca hires people with a passion to make a difference in the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Az’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative scientist, chemist and analyst will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents,ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people to live better and healthier. Interested in learning more about life at AstraZeneca a world leading Pharmaceutical company? Start here
In this detail-oriented role, the Empower Support Engineer must be: conversant with the use of chromatography systems in an FDA regulated environment and the industry best practices for validating the system. The candidate is expected to be a collaborative team member in supporting and maintaining the business-critical application. The candidate should possess broad functional knowledge in his/her domain and in-depth technical knowledge in Water’s CDS System.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure optimum performance and stability for Quality Chromatography system Global Empower.
- Provide 2nd/ 3rd line support (technical queries, bug fixes and small enhancements relating to application and platform), complying with ITIL standards, change control procedures
- proficiency for handling Incident/problem/Change management support for Empower application.
- Take ownership of issues through from delivery or issue resolution or escalation, as appropriate.
- Experience in Empower project creation, project archival and restoration is essential.
- Experience in performing SQT for LACE’s is mandatory.
- Experience in integrating Chromatography data systems to third party software and HPLC, UPLC and GC Systems.
- Experience in analyzing the errors, warning messages in the instrument through application is desirable.
- Experience in manual backup/restoration and disaster recovery procedure is mandatory.
- Knowledge in configuration of various Laboratory systems to Empower Application.
- Knowledge in working with AWS environment is added advantage.
- Hands on experience in Empower Version Migration activities.
- Hands on experience in Empower message center purging and audit logs investigation.
- Good Knowledge in ITIL process & supporting GXP Application is mandatory.
- Good experience in ITIL configuration management and End user experience management.
- Develop specialist knowledge in relevant systems, documenting and sharing that knowledge, as required, with global teams
- Liaise with multiple stake holders including users, infrastructure/middleware teams, 3rd party software vendors for resolving issues and potential process improvements
- Train, guide and mentor new hires in the team
Essential Experience: (Must have skills)
- Experience in application support and maintenance (L2/L3 support) of off -the-shelf Chromatography Data Systems
- Knowledge of Waters Empower CDS, understanding of detection techniques, reporting, custom calculations, meta data and workflows relating to lab data.
- Understanding of basic Pro Interface and Advanced Topics (which include method and report templates, custom calculations, dissolution, method validation manager and system administration)
- Experience in integrating Chromatography data systems to third party software and HPLC and GC systems
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements including GMP, GxP and 21 CFR Part 11. Exposure to software system validation in GxP environment preferred
- Experience on Windows/UNIX application environment and understanding of client-server / distributed computing concepts
- Basic understanding of session virtualization concepts, exposure to Citrix working environments
- Understanding of incident, problem, change and release management process
- Basic knowledge in Chromatography archival system NuGenesis is an added advantage.
Supplementary Experience: (Useful additional skills)
- Familiarity with life sciences (Pharma) domain concepts, workflow and terminology
- Development and troubleshooting experience on web applications built on the Microsoft .NET framework (ASP, VB, C#)
- Development and troubleshooting experience with MS SQL Server (2008, 2005, 2000)
- Good understanding of Microsoft IIS/Web Services (IIS 7.0, IIS 8.0, IIS 8.5)
- Experience working with tools like Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Developer, Toad
- Experience in setting up and managing application environments
- Mindset to support business critical applications
- Experience in scripting using PowerShell and Automation.
UG - B. Tech /B.E. or other equivalent technical qualifications
- Keen to acquire new skills and work on new technology products
- Must participate on call rotation with off hours support responsibilities
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Logical mind with keen analytical skills
- Clear and concise communicator, in born written and verbal
- Ability to respond well to pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively across team boundaries
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.