ETS - Software Engineer-Front End - Chennai
ABOUT THE ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY SERVICES TEAM
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is accountable for all Infrastructure, Security, IT Operations and all End User Services and technologies. This group will ensure that our IT Services are seamless and secure, and that technology is delivered in an efficient, effective, and agile way, with a strong focus on experience.
It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO
The role holder will act as the Software Engineer (Front End) for the Companion mobile and desktop application.
The key partners for this role are the Service Manager, Application Support Team, System Owners/FM Service Leads,
Campus Managers or Site IT Leads, other support teams (internal & external) and the Footprint project delivery teams.
The Software Engineer will report into the Lead Engineer and and will provide:
· 3rd line support for the front-end application stack
· Technical SME for the front-end application stack
· New user facing features development to support new application demand
· Technical expertise/direction on future development activities
High quality communication with the Scrum Master to ensure good time to delivery of new features as well as support to
the Service Manager.
Follow and adhere to the AZ Enterprise Architecture tools and processes for front-end development languages and frameworks
· Take responsibility over the technical front-end development of new applications
· Responsibility over the execution of secure and protected front-end code
· Proactively identify improvement areas for the front-end setup for the application stack including optimising code for greater application speed
· Building re-usable code repositories and libraries for future use, enterprise capability and scalability
· Involvement in executing rigorous technical testing during the test phase of application development
· Liaising with the Scrum Master for executing any technical upgrades required for maintaining current versions of frameworks and code
· Responsible for documenting all technical solutions in blueprint and technical designs
· Collaborate with back-end developers regularly to create a fully integrated solution
· Keep current with the latest improvements in front-end languages and frameworks to allow for up to date and innovative application stacks
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs in Design Thinking workshops
· Stay up to date with latest UI/UX developments in order to keep new user facing features current
· Design and implement both desktop and mobile based features
· Ensure high quality graphic standards and consistency between applications
· The ability to create high quality mockups and prototypes of front-end functionality when there is no wireframe to follow
· Interpret requirements and deliver based on user stories
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Degree level education in computer science or similar
- ·Significant experience (4+ years) in an Information Services/Information Technology environment with good business acumen
- · Experience with: HTML / CSS (versions 5 / 3)
- · AngularJS (version 8+)
- · Typescript (2.3.3)
- · NodeJS (10.x +)
- · Experience of working in an Agile application development model and team
- Experience of mobile development for Hybrid applications using the Ionic Framework (Android, iOS, web)
- Knowledge of automated testing and CI/CD tools e.g. JUnit, GIT, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker
Skills and Capabilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- · Ability to operate in a complex, fast moving and ambiguous environment
- · Experience managing and delivering around multiple conflicting priorities
- · Strong networking and team working skills
- · Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills ·
- Familiarity of working with global stakeholders in a multi-time zone environment
WHY JOIN US
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.