Associate - Social Listening
Job Title: Associate
Location: TRIL GTC Chennai
Job Purpose / Summary
The Social Media Listening Analyst is a trailblazer, injecting creativity and vibrancy to drive influencer identification and engagement on social media. The analyst will design, conduct and deliver standard and custom social media reports. The Analyst will be responsible for hosting discovery sessions with stakeholders to understand the business need. The Analyst will translate this into constructed queries that will monitor social conversation on Pharma Industry, AZ brands, programs, products, marketing campaigns, events and Competitor He or she dives deep into the data to uncover drivers of social buzz, then translates the data into a compelling story. The Analyst will be accountable for deciphering what is important, meaningful data and then communicating the concise story in a way that allows the business to make decisions based on the reports.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Consult stakeholders on topic definitions, social listening measures and filters to define objectives and set deliverables for standard and custom reports.
- Implement social analysis for campaigns/events and present insights back to inform content /Media decisions for campaign/event activities and advise on actions to take from an optimizations' standpoint.
- Social listening tool setup including keywords, query parameters and dashboards.
- Take initiative on the refinement of query parameter setup to ensure accurate and insightful mention analysis is available to report on by the end of the reporting period.
- Pull and interpret data from social listening tools including volume, sentiment, conversation drivers, influencers, etc.
- Create and edit reporting deliverable for PowerPoint, Newsletter and Excel formats that transform social data into a clear story. Visualize findings legibly using charts, tables and infographics, and provide actionable insights based on concrete data.
- Manage a deliverable calendar of recurring scheduled and ad hoc reports.
- Adhere to Global Social Listening standard operating procedures and compliance policies.
- Share case studies and best practices with stakeholders.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Computer Science, Information technology or Human-Computer Interaction or related educational concentration
- 3-8 years of professional experience in marketing/business analytics, statistical analysis, predictive modelling or segmentation experience setting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in online/social analytics
- Be able to properly set expectations with stakeholder-based on program scope, reporting schedules and follow through on delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to transform data into a concise, yet compelling story.
- Ability to synthesize information and produce insightful and accurate analysis and recommendations.
- Highly organized and impeccable attention to detail. Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver accurate reports without grammatical or data errors.
- Strong sense of responsibility, takes ownership, self-starter and proactive attitude.
- Good Mix of Technical Understanding, Business Sense, Managerial/Connecting and Interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable presenting insights to a variety of audiences.
- Strong familiarity and understanding of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Forums, Instagram and Tumblr required.
- Strong strategic understanding of social listening from a business perspective.
- Experience pulling data from social media listening/analytics tools such as Symplur, Meltwater, Sprinklr, etc.
- Skilled user of MS Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint.
- Pharmaceutical experience; or other highly-regulated environments
- Digital Marketing experience.
- Proven track record working cross-functionally with a follow-through high level of commitment and follow-through..
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.