Analyst - Operations IT
Title: Analyst - Operations IT
Location TRIL GTC
Job Description – TrackWise
At Astra Zeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
To enable AstraZeneca to achieve 2020 strategy, operation play a major role in it. We at Quality are responsible to ensure everything we do at operations are happening seamlessly by making sure the applications are up through-out the business hours.
The resource is expected to have a strong knowledge around the TrackWise configuration and architecture. Should be knowledgeable and responsible enough to provide 2nd/3rd line support. Should be able to identify the improvement opportunities, better ways of working and be accountable for sustained improvement.
- Ensure optimum performance and stability of the mission critical quality and audit management system, including providing workarounds and identifying areas for improvement or solutions to permanently address the issue
- Provide 2nd/ 3rd line support (technical queries, bug fixes and small enhancements relating to application and platform), complying with Astra Zeneca standards, change control procedures
- Take ownership of issues through to delivery or issue resolution or escalation, as appropriate
- Support development activities by helping in code build and deployment, tool configuration management and administration, application environment set up, change and release management
- Develop specialist knowledge in relevant systems, documenting and sharing that knowledge, as required, with global teams
- Liaise with stake holders on potential process improvements
- Display a strong understanding of business processes and align the activities done in accordance with the defined global and regional standards.
- Initiate, sustain and successfully accomplish process improvement activities within the defined scope of work.
- Work independently to create the SOPs, knowledge documents and other related documents that can help standardize the processes and establish the standards within the defined scope of work.
- Good team player with strong faith in teamwork and collective responsibility.
- Keen eye for detail and a willingness to understand and appreciate the work content from a process perspective
- Logical mind with keen analytical skills
- Clear and concise communicator, in both written and verbal
- Ability to respond well to pressure
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or any other equivalent qualification.
- 4-6 years of prior experience in application support and maintenance (L2/L3 support).
- Basics of programming in MS SQL server or Oracle
- Development and troubleshooting experience on web applications built on the Microsoft .NET framework (ASP.NET, VB.NET)
- Hands on knowledge on Microsoft office suite like Spreadsheet, Word, etc. would be a basic requirement.
- Any experience/certification in Continues improvement (Lean/Six Sigma) would also be considered as a plus.
- Understanding of Apache or IIS/Web Services (IIS 6.0, IIS 5.0)
- Understanding of SDLC process
- Experience with Enterprise quality management software solutions
- Experience in setting up and managing application environments
- Flair and commitment to learn a new technology / tool; Quick Learner
- Should be willing to work in flexible timings.
- Experience working with third party vendor applications
- Familiarity with life sciences(Pharma) domain concepts, workflow and terminology
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.