Robotic & Cognitive Centre (RCC) - Process Optimisation Lead
Are you interested in Automation and Process Optimisation techniques, and the potential for their combined impact on the future of work? If so, join the expansion of our AZ Robotic & Cognitive Centre (RCC), to support the development of life-saving medicines by exploiting the benefits of process automation across AstraZeneca.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives – and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca is pushing the boundaries of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. Global Business Services (GBS) is integral to that push. We are facilitating AstraZeneca’s growth through innovation, whether by bringing the best digital and data capabilities to the organisation, helping deliver our bold transformation agenda or driving excellence in operational service delivery – GBS is focused on creating global, agile and efficient services for the business, to allow them to focus on the science and deliver life changing medicines to our patients.
A new & exciting Robotic & Cognitive Centre (RCC) team was established within AstraZeneca in 2018 to create internal shared services capability to deliver on the broad potential for Automation across the enterprise. Since then the RCC has been scaling process automation across our different functions, and is now a credible, fully formed team, that is continually building increased levels of interest & demand.
To support the continued expansion & upskill of the RCC, we are now looking for a RCC Process Optimisation Lead to lead the analysis and re-engineering of complex end to end processes, as a key facilitator to unlock/build out the value proposition already offered through the Automation expertise the exists within the RCC team.
The role holder should have a strong desire to lead high profile process optimisation projects/change initiatives within AstraZeneca, gain exposure to leading edge automation techniques, coupled with core skills in stakeholder & change management. This experience will be combined with a strong analytical mindset and an ability to communicate simply, with precision and impact across a global user community.
Main duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the RCC Director, the role will be responsible for the following activities:
- Diagnostics & Current State Assessments – through stakeholder interviews, current state process mapping; and the identification of key gaps, improvement areas and prioritization of recommendations
- Process Transformation through the re-engineering of end-to-end processes
- Identification of opportunities to leverage/upgrade process automation technologies, based on latest industry standards
- Creation of actionable roadmaps focused on quick wins and short/mid-term implementations
- Support adoption and sustainment through embedded change management and user experience
- Lead training & oversee ‘lean’ accreditation requirements for the Process Analyst pool (~15 FTEs)
- Monitoring adherence with the standardised RCC approach in collaboration with enabling teams – including standards, methodologies, tools and best practices
- Collaborating with others in the RCC team (including Pipeline & Delivery Leads and members of the IT Delivery team) to embed new agile ways of working and continuous improvement initiatives
- Extensive proven experience in the analysis & re-engineering of complex, multi-function/end to end business processes leveraging recognised techniques, e.g. Lean six sigma (black belt), Kaizen expert
- Demonstrated experience of leading high-profile change management activities
- Significant exposure to major technology implementation projects
- Excellent stakeholder management, influencing & presentation/oral communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills
- Willingness to undertake some domestic/international travel (as required)
- RPA or other automation implementation experience
- Experience and proven results of change projects within the Pharma industry
Internal - this role will be considered at Career Level E or F
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.