Procurement Manager - Compensation & Benefits
As a Procurement Manager within our Global Procurement function you will develop and deploy global category strategies for the Reward and Inclusion (R&I) area. R&I is a key category within HR Services in which we have an annual spend of circa $300M. You will be accountable for the overall area which includes the subcategories of Benefits & Compensation Planning, Healthcare Services, Pensions Services, Occupational Health, Personnel Relocation and Outplacement Services. By supporting delivery of R&I business objectives you will be directly contributing to our strategic priority of ‘Be a great place to work’.
You will have accountability for leading both demand and supply side activities. The demand is truly global, and you will need to interact with stakeholders from across the enterprise (multiple SET areas) to understand and meet their requirements. This includes building close relationships with the R&I Leadership Team within Global HR and interaction with SET-1 leaders. You will also collaborate with Procurement colleagues in each of the regions to understand demand and requirements from our local Marketing Companies. In addition, there is a strong digital component to all categories within HR Services and you will work closely with the IT business and the IT& Digital Procurement team to ensure category strategies are enabled through best-in-class technology platforms
- Developing long term strategic plans for the entire spend area within the business. Ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned company wide category plan
- Managing customer and supplier relationships to ensure that Category Strategies are aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Leading the implementation of the category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans.
- Working alongside the Global Procurement Services (GPS) team in Warsaw in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinating the introduction of new and modified services with appropriate departments
- Advising on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex services with new and existing suppliers
- Developing, evaluating and managing internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in similar environment at management level
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement area, and competence in several others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situation.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Indirects, preferably HR categories.
- Experience of working with Digital/IT projects, particularly contracting activity.
- Understanding of GDPR (UK) and data privacy risks.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.