Innovation Technologist - Emerging Technologies
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have an outstanding workplace culture that encourages innovation and teamwork. Here, employees are empowered to express varied perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Innovation Technologist – Emerging Technologies
Technology and Delivery Excellence (TIDE) – Innovation Lab, Cambridge
The Innovation Technologist is a key role within the Emerging Technologies Innovation Lab. As an Innovation Technologist you will be encouraged to pursue a continued broad knowledge of Technology and Science, owning one of the key technology trends as part of our Centre of Specialist Technical Expertise. Subject matter experts are encouraged to provide globally meaningful tech leadership for AstraZeneca on a specific specialist area of new technologies through the creation of Whitepapers and other supporting materials.
- With dedication lead scouting initiatives across the technology landscape to identify new emerging trends, technologies and opportunities
- Establish yourself as a subject matter tech leader on evolving specialist technology areas
- Build, develop, configure and maintain technology solutions required for evaluations or PoTs, iterating or pivoting as required
- Provide technical leadership to support broader innovation team conversations with the business
- Translate business requirements and ideas for Innovation lead Scouting, or PoT’s, into deliverable outcomes to ensure business value realisation is achieved
- Responsible for delivering technology positioning documentation and white papers for new and emerging technology areas
- Ensure Innovation delivery activities are carried out in alignment with required processes and governance
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable knowledge of drug discovery value chain and medicines development
- Proven understanding of evolving technology trends including Industry 4.0
- Working knowledge of the latest Data Science trends, strategies and technologies
- Exposure to or a strong knowledge of AR/VR technologies including asset and experience creation
- Intrapreneurial attitude, ability to navigate Senior Stakeholders through uncertainty
- Working with external partners to influence, extract and deliver timely product innovation
- Proficient at producing Executive briefings, White Papers and articulating strategies
- Not fazed by chaos, able to work through uncertainty
- Fervent desire to stay ahead of the latest trends and developments across the innovation landscape
- Knowledge of cloud and compute, R, Python, C++, Spark/Hadoop
- Passion and desire to get hands on, willingness, drive and ability to learn new skills rapidly
- Familiarity with design thinking, lean principles and customer led UX
- Proven experience of implementing solutions with continuous development lifecycles
- Exposure to, or strong
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- TOGAF certifications will be an added advantage
- Agile or SCRUM
Apply now to learn more about this excellent opportunity with a world-renowned pharmaceutical brand. AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re- assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.