Global Brand Director
Title: Global Brand Director
Location: Cambridge, UK | Gaithersburg, US | Wilmington, US
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential.
Big success can come from seeing potential in something small. We empower our people to seek these out, and we support them to pursue the opportunities they find.
This commercial role focuses on leading the development and implementation of the brand strategy and the tactical plan which supports the global brand strategy, life cycle management plan, and brand operational plan. Critical success in this role will come from working closely with markets to understand changing market trends, localize global strategy and share best practices.
The role will also be responsible for developing and leading day-to-day marketing projects. Programs include: Development of Brand strategy and guidance documents, operational plans, development of campaign materials, non-personal promotion efforts, robust pre-launch and launch preparation.
Successful candidates will lead and coordinate the commercial voice across a variety of supporting functions such as Operations, Legal, Regulatory, Medical, Business Insight, Payer Teams, and Finance.
Reports to the Head of Forxiga
- Actively seeks input from different external and internal stakeholders to appropriately inform LCM & other opportunities for the brand
- Customer Insight/Performance - Utilize the insights to analyze and create customer insight, interpret marketing performance and provide opportunities to maximize contribution
- Contributes to and leads elements of commercialization & strategy including BSP development, message development, marketing material development, and rollout of planning/execution
- Creative Concept and Message Development - Translate the brand strategy and positioning into consistent and compelling messages that build on the customer insights and increase differentiation and interest in the minds of the customer, and refresh as warranted by insight, market dynamics and clinical trial results.
- Promotional Mix Resource Allocation and Management -- Evaluate the right channel, technology, and spending for each relevant customer group, addressing regionalization nuances and optimizing resource mix to maximize sales with measurable responses.
- Integration -- Ensure brand programs are fully integrated across customer groups and address diverse needs of patients and HCPs
- Manage marketing relationships with agencies, vendor partners, consultants, and other third party groups
- Budget & Financial - Represent financial fundamentals that will track brand performance and manage budget
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
- Significant collaboration across functions Payer, Medical Affairs, Development/Pricing etc
- Contact with key internal and external stakeholders
Minimum Requirements -- Education and Experience
Academic/ professional/specialist training and qualifications
- Bachelors degree
- Relevant technical degree
- Expertise & experience in CKD & related therapeutic area
- Understanding of the development process and necessary commercial touch points
- Thorough understanding of general business and core marketing principles and application to future healthcare market challenge
- Strategic thinking, judgmental and influencing skills, to develop and implement strategies
- Strong leadership attributes to generate commitment and constructively resolve issues
- Proven experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payors, providers collaboration partners.
- Evidence of developing compelling Business cases
- Broad commercial experience
- Global commercial experience
- Inline Brand Marketing Company experience
- Exposure to decision-making bodies
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.