Associate Director, Clinical Development Respiratory PI
At AstraZeneca, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every single day. As one of the world’s best-in-class biopharmaceutical companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health and help fight and cure disease.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a real passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re performing ground-breaking research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular, renal and metabolic disease (CVRM). And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science.
We offer a rare and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore alliances between small and large molecules.
AstraZeneca has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Within the Respiratory Biologics Clinical Development department, we are looking for an Associate Director to join in an office-based role, either in our Cambridge UK, Gothenburg, in Sweden or the Gaithersburg US facilities. This team has played a crucial role in the development of several Biologics projects and has a busy pipeline to get stuck into.
Are you ready to move into a drug development career and have a true impact on patients?
In this position, you play a key role in design, implementation and execution of early phase clinical studies. In more detail you will focus on:
- Establishing and approve scientific methods for design and implementation of clinical study protocols (CSP), data collection systems and final reports.
- Analyze, synthesize and interpret clinical data in both ongoing and completed studies for safety surveillance (acting as medical monitor where applicable) and publications.
- Identify, select and train clinical research centers and investigators.
- Overseas planning and management of investigator meetings, advisory boards and other scientific committees as required by the CSP (e.g. independent reviews, DSMBs etc.).
You will collaborate with:
- Project team members in all elements of clinical studies including regulatory, translational and research colleagues
- R&D and other senior management in assessing requirements for emerging products, including next generation drug projects
- Commercial to design research to have maximum marketplace credibility and improve marketing efforts.
- Both external and internal (oral and written communication) on clinical development plans, clinical study designs and results.
- Contribute to key department and company initiatives as applicable to role, skills and experience.
- M.D. degree or equivalent, ideally board certified (or eligible) preferred in pulmonary medicine or allergy.
- Clinical study conduct in a pharmaceutical, CRO or healthcare environment.
- Excellent communicator with proven leadership skills and the ability to interact collaboratively in a cross functional environment.
- You will be able to integrate and analyze non-clinical and clinical data as well as data/input from multiple internal and external functional areas. Synthesis of previous clinical data and ongoing deadlines/priorities.
- In this role you will work as an individual contributor. You are expected to operate independently in medical, safety and clinical development tasks. Once direction is provided, you should be comfortable in identify problems, generate solutions (or options) and follow agreed plans through to conclusion.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, we ask you to please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a good fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.