Key Account Manager - Cardiovascular (Bucharest)
Science is uncovering the commonalities between cardiovascular, renal and metabolic diseases (CVRM) which is at the core of our approach towards holistic care for CVRM patients. We aim to save the lives of people who suffer from cardiovascular disease, heart failure, chronic kidney disease and diabetes, by advancing CVRM solutions and addressing shared risk factors between these distinct but interrelated disease areas. For more information about our recent CVRM developments, access https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-therapy-areas/cardiovascular-renal-and-metabolism.html.
We are looking for great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all our people. We’re committed to a culture of continuous learning and people development so everyone at AstraZeneca can grow and thrive.
You will be responsible for generating clinical demand for CV medicines with key accounts, pro-actively identifying opportunities, presenting value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommending patient-centric solutions.
The long-term goal is to develop strategic and mutually beneficial relationships with the healthcare professionals (HCP) in general, Key External Experts (KEE) in particular, and potentially other stakeholders, based on a deep scientific understanding of the issues, in order to identify the best opportunities for any part of AZ's portfolio to deliver life-changing medicines to patients.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with Field Force Manager to develop a strategy and business plan to meet targets and further improve positioning of AZ's products in assigned area;
- Identify opportunities and strategies to improve positioning of AZ's brands;
- Engage relevant HCPs in dialogue about approved indications, product efficacy / safety profiles and treatment protocols to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients;
- Establish and maintain ongoing, long term collaborative relationships with stakeholders;
- Share stakeholder insight and information within AZ to strengthen relevant activities, e.g., product development, marketing, sales efforts;
- Build knowledge and understanding about AZ's medicines value proposition, and product's labeled indications and efficacy data among all relevant HCPs;
- Conduct science-based discussions with the HCPs as per the approved indications of AZ's product;
- Arrange multidisciplinary workshops for physicians and other HCPs;
- Arrange and coordinate effective speaker programmes with physician advocates and Key External Experts;
- Drive business performance and ensure sales forecasts meet or exceed expectations while managing assigned budgets;
- Successfully promote the benefits of AZ's brands, using fair balanced messages and the appropriate mix of promotional tools;
- Ensure AZ's products are optimally utilised in line with national/local guidelines and the product license;
- Demonstrate high standards of integrity by acting in accordance with AZ's Values and Code of Conduct and comply with all external regulations and internal policies.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate:
- Specialty care promotional experience with a sound knowledge of account management, including relevant pharmaceutical experience in cardiovascular medicines;
- Track record of engaging and influencing decision making among key stakeholders in complex clinical environments, e.g., mid and senior level healthcare professionals, key accounts and the medical community;
- Proven demonstration of successful working in complex cross functional teams;
- Anticipation and responsiveness to the needs of others; ability to modify own approach to different people;
- Ability to analyze problems and focus on finding solutions - identify the key issues that need action and consider options from a variety of angles in order to identify an innovative solution;
- Able to use business reasons and metrics to recommend actions and support decision-making
- Ability to work under pressure and short timelines, being resourceful and tenacious in approaching problems and leveraging all available sources for developing solutions.
Should you be attracted by this career opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application and to engage in a productive conversation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.