Director, Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research
Director, Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research
This is what you will do:
The Director, Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research (GHEOR) leads the strategic development and execution of health economics and outcomes research strategies to support the worldwide launch and reimbursement of products across a range of multiple disease areas, assets, and indications. Through key leadership and partnership across cross-functional teams, the job holder embeds global HEOR strategy into broader disease area and clinical development strategies. This collaboration builds strategies to demonstrate and differentiate the value proposition and corresponding scientific evidence of Alexion products for payers, patients, clinical institutions, and other key influencers. The Director, Global HEOR partners with and provides thought leadership to Market Access, Medical, Clinical Development and Commercial teams as well as regions and countries.
You will be responsible for:
Utilizes in-depth knowledge of disease area and portfolio strategy in combination with health economics and outcomes research to develop and execute the Global HEOR strategy. Ensures payer relevant endpoints and evidence generation strategies are implemented throughout the product lifecycle. Accountable for the following:
- Builds collaborative relationships with cross-functional leaders across Research & Development, Commercial, Medical, Market Access organizations to maximize evidence generation efforts to optimize launch and sustained reimbursement of multiple indications or medicines throughout the product lifecycle
- Partners with the Therapeutic Area (TA) heads to develop TA business strategies and clinical development plans that will provide a competitive advantage to differentiated payer evidence; drives efficient and innovative HEOR study development and study execution and dissemination.
- Continually monitors the global marketplace for market access issues, identifies access/demand hurdles and creates plans to demonstrate the value and differentiation of assets within the therapeutic area portfolio
Ensures Alexion maintains external credibility and relationships to validate research findings and communications. Accountable for the following:
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with key experts, influencers, and customer segments to foster and maintain Alexion’s credibility to support the value and reimbursement of Alexion products
- Delivers presentations on behalf of Alexion at various industry and scientific forums and/or contribute to publications
- Maintains the relationship with external agencies and monitors their performance to ensure that performance and deliverables meet business expectations
Contributes to the global HEOR infrastructure to provide direction and guidance to Regional HEOR teams. Accountable for the following:
- Develops best practices in HEOR including approaches to areas including research methodologies, economic modeling, study designs, endpoints that provide scientifically sound protocols, policies, tools, and outcome impact.
- Provides global oversight and guidance to country teams to adapt the global strategies into tactical plans through robust Health Technology Assessment processes to achieve optimal access and sustained reimbursement throughout the product lifecycle
- Identify areas for process improvements, economies of scale, and other quality and efficiency measures
You will need to have:
- PhD or equivalent combination of education and experience with Pharmacy or clinical as domain knowledge
- 7+ years prior experience in HEOR or Market Access in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry
- Thorough understanding of the field of Health Technology Assessment at a global level and experience of successful negotiations through the HTA processes
- Understanding of the global market access landscape and the US health care environment
- Knowledge of the drug development and commercialization process
- Recognized as a strong leader with a proven track record of effectively managing, influencing, and developing people including those who are not direct reports: demonstrated ability to lead and deliver results in a matrix environment, and solve complex issues that cross multiple stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness as a team player; excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent project leader who can effectively manage multiple competing priorities to completion
- Positive team player with a Global mindset and ability to work with multicultural teams
- Flexibility and adaptability to internal and external change
- Financial accountability and budget management
- Demonstrates high business ethics/integrity and delivers research projects with high quality
- Published research in reputed journals
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
We would prefer for you to have:
Experience and knowledge in rare disease conditions
PhD in HEOR with clinical experience and worked in pharmaceutical companies managing several indications
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.