Associate Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, HQ
Associate Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, HQ
This is what you will do:
The Associate Director, US Health Economics and Outcomes Research leads the strategic development and execution of health economics and outcomes research to support the United States and the respective reimbursement landscape of Alexion’s products. Through partnership with cross-functional teams, this individual is responsible for HEOR strategies and Real-World Evidence (RWE) generation research that demonstrates the value and corresponding scientific evidence of Alexion products for payers, patients, clinical institutions, and other key decision-makers. The Associate Director, US HEOR partners with and provides thought leadership to Market Access, Commercial teams as well as Medical Affairs.
You will be responsible for:
Utilizes in-depth knowledge of disease area and portfolio strategy in combination with health economics and outcomes research expertise to ensures payer relevant endpoints and evidence generation strategies are implemented throughout product lifecycle. Accountable for the following:
- Builds collaborative relationships with cross-functional leaders across Commercial, Market Access & Medical Affairs organizations to maximize evidence generation efforts and sustain product access & reimbursement
- Partners with Medical Directors in US to develop TA strategies and research plans that offer robust, differentiated payer evidence; efficiently drives innovative HEOR study development, execution, and dissemination.
- Continually gathers insights from field colleagues to uncover market access issues, identify access/demand hurdles and fulfill evidence gaps.
Ensures Alexion maintains external credibility and relationships to validate research findings and communications. Accountable for the following:
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with key experts, influencers, and customer segments to foster and maintain Alexion’s credibility to support the value and reimbursement of Alexion products
- Delivers timely publications and/or research presentations at key scientific meetings on behalf of Alexion
- Maintains relationship with external agencies and monitors their performance to ensure deliverables meet business expectations
Contributes to overall US HEOR infrastructure providing direction and guidance to Field HEOR colleagues. Accountable for the following:
- Ensures the use of HEOR best practices measures, including but not limited to, research methodologies, study designs, policies, tools, and deliverables.
- Provides oversight and guidance to US HEOR Field team with respect to scientific TA strategy to achieve optimal product access and reimbursement
- Identify areas for process improvements, economies of scale, and other quality and efficiency measures
You will need to have:
- PhD or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years prior research experience in HEOR
- Thorough understanding of RWE generation and the applicability of various US datasets and data collection methods
- Understanding of the US market access landscape and healthcare environment
- Knowledge of the drug development and commercialization process
- Recognized as a strong leader with a proven track record of effectively managing, influencing, and developing people including those who are not direct reports: demonstrated ability to lead and deliver results in a matrix environment, and solve complex issues that cross multiple stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness as a team player; excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent project leader who can effectively manage multiple competing priorities to completion
- Global mindset and ability to work with multicultural teams
- Flexibility and adaptability to internal and external change
We would prefer for you to have:
Experience and knowledge in rare disease conditions
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.