Medical Science Liaison - Oncology
Department: Medical and Regulatory Affairs
Report to: Medical Affairs Manager
Therapeutic Areas: Oncology
MSL responsible for implementation of activities for establishment of scientific leadership of AstraZeneca. This includes development and enhancement of professional relationships with healthcare professionals, building deep scientific understanding of AstraZeneca compounds. Driving positive opinions for the scientific and clinical value of AZ compounds for patients’ needs. Deliver medical education and clinical support to medical professionals, training sales teams and involvement in development of brand strategy. The position also be involved in review of product materials and response to medical queries.
- Act as scientific expert in respective areas as stated above for external stakeholders
- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with key external experts
- Share scientific data with HCPs, discussing all aspects of the data in a scientific, objective and balanced way
- Work with HCPs as partners in scientific activities that help advance disease understanding
- Initiate and conduct appropriate AZ staff training & development on information regarding current and emerging clinical data
- Participate in Asia Area Medical Brand teams to contribute knowledge and needs from the field, give feedback on medical plans and suggest ideas for studies
- To work with internal cross functional team on brand strategies and brand plans.
- Bachelor Degree or higher, preferably in Pharmacy or related science
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry
- Product/Disease knowledge in Oncology, Hematology or Cardiovascular
- Value on integrity and no compliance issue
- Ability to interact and manage a range of stakeholders both internally and externally
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.